Spore

Fing

I haven't really gamed since the mid-80s, and Spore is the first game since then I've been interested in. Like many, I've been following it for what years now? Not sure if I'll get the scaled down iPhone/Touch/mobile, the full-scale OS X or both versions, but likely the first game I'll spend money on in over 20 years.

• 3 weeks later...

It's good. I'm losing horribly since I went for the "Hard" difficulty. All good until I hit the Civ level with my race of Trogdors. They're full on military, but the enemy took over too much of the map too soon. Considering starting again on the Tribal level on the Medium difficulty so I can figure out a strategy.

• 4 weeks later...

I played it a bit, carnivore->predator, omnivore->adaptable, and herbivore->[friendly?].

Each time the city-level game was essentially claim all the territory and stomp them right away. Its all over once you build planes.

Never bothered overmuch with the galactic exploration part, the fact that your spaceship was all window dressing made it annoying (guns and whatnot don't affect its capabilities). Just a bit more developmental TLC on each of the 5 subgames would have made for a much better product, imho.