Logitech IEMs?

JBLoudG20

Logitech hasn't manage to screw up anything with SlimDevices yet so as long as they handle this purchase in a similar manner it should work out well in the end for UE. Bigger R&D budget and greater economies of scale and access to Logitech's distribution channels.

Yeah, I was really bummed when Logitech bought Slimdevices. But I have to hand it to them, they actually seem to be leaving the creative side alone and certainly Slimdevices has b rought new products to market much more quickly under the Logitech umbrella. I'm hoping they can do the same for UE, maybe then I can afford a UE custom.

I know its apples and oranges, but their computer speakers are quite awful. I just hope nothing from that department spills over into earphones. I imagine they'll keep at least some of the original UE staff on board, and just let them do their thing, albeit with a bigger budget/better tools/etc. I just hope it doesn't become a cost-cutting exercise, where every part of the product is compromised in some way.

The thing that might disappear is control to do things like offer show discounts, etc. If you can get a UE-10 or UE-11 with the CanJam or some other discount and was considering doing it, now is probably the time.

I know its apples and oranges, but their computer speakers are quite awful. I just hope nothing from that department spills over into earphones. I imagine they'll keep at least some of the original UE staff on board, and just let them do their thing, albeit with a bigger budget/better tools/etc. I just hope it doesn't become a cost-cutting exercise, where every part of the product is compromised in some way.

They probably just relabel some generic speakers. Does anybody know the source of Logitech speakers?

I'm with Nate on the cautiously optimistic side based upon the SlimDevices purchase. I cannot imagine that the crappy Logitech computer speaker designers will have anything to do at all with the IEMs.

Curious why people are suggesting that UE10/11 should be purchased now instead of waiting. The price actually might go down, you know.

That's a good question also they seem to be pretty active in the R&D department so who knows when the UE12 might pop up.

I still don't know which of the two might be for me :/ Clearly I need to play with the universal versions at some sort of international meet or something. Maybe JP can source em for the up coming norcal regional.

Logi should come with some release in the future with what they plan on doing to U.E. and why they even bought them up. A few Key U.E. people have left the company already over the last year so you may say U.E. has already been on a changing road as any baby company goes threw.

I don't Like holding companies cause they care not about what the purpose of the product is but instead just pure profit in large form. They may Split up U.E. into different smaller ideas like just keep the U.E. brand for the pro market and custom market and then move U.E.'s universal-fit under Logi's name and OEM for other brands like Monster cable for example. The U.E. you all come to love again has been slowly changing and this is just another step, I really can not see this being bad or good either way for either brand but its going to change the U.E. we know of for sure.

The higher up people at U.E. made a very smart choice cause there is a shit load of new companies in the earphone market popping up left and right, so its smart to get out while your ahead. I don't think The roady dude Jerry Harvey

who started the company I think has been out of it for a long time...i think i heard that..anyone know?

Maybe earphones will be the new razors, and their evolution from 3 blade designs, to 4 blade, then 5....

only with drivers.

I really don't get the whole multiple driver thing, well I do to a degree but it seems like overkill lately. I own Sleek Audio SA6's and just picked up a pair of Klipsch Image X10's, to me both are prime examples of why multiple drivers aren't really necessary and seems a lot more about marketing than truly being about sound.

I really don't get the whole multiple driver thing, well I do to a degree but it seems like overkill lately. I own Sleek Audio SA6's and just picked up a pair of Klipsch Image X10's, to me both are prime examples of why multiple drivers aren't really necessary and seems a lot more about marketing than truly being about sound.

I listened to and liked both the Sleeks and the Klipsch's at CanJam (preferring the Sleeks), and am a long-time Ety fan, but after spending time with both the UE10s and 11s (universal) at CanJam, DC, and then again at home (thanks, Dan), I'm going to disagree your statement that multiple drivers are more about marketing than about sound. Done well, which UE does in at least these models, they make a significant different in sq.

On a side note, after three months of impressions dramas (two sets rejected, blah blah), my UE11s should be home with me in a couple weeks. The weird thing is that I have no idea what they're going to look like. After obsessively emailing changes re color choice for three days, I got sick of myself and told the artist to do whatever he felt looked best while using the cat in my avatar. I'm now both excited and very curious.

I listened to and liked both the Sleeks and the Klipsch's at CanJam (preferring the Sleeks), and am a long-time Ety fan, but after spending time with both the UE10s and 11s (universal) at CanJam, DC, and then again at home (thanks, Dan), I'm going to disagree your statement that multiple drivers are more about marketing than about sound. Done well, which UE does in at least these models, they make a significant different in sq.

On a side note, after three months of impressions dramas (two sets rejected, blah blah), my UE11s should be home with me in a couple weeks. The weird thing is that I have no idea what they're going to look like. After obsessively emailing changes re color choice for three days, I got sick of myself and told the artist to do whatever he felt looked best while using the cat in my avatar. I'm now both excited and very curious.

Well to be fair I did say I get it to a degree. I've not had the chance to hear the universal versions of the UE10 and UE11, regardless though, those are not really what I was referring to. Listening to Triple.fi's or E500's I'd put the SA6's and Image X10's in the same league and to me anyway the differences are more preference based than those that would be attributed to multiple drivers. I'm sure in some respects it's easier to cover a full range with multiple drivers but it also introduces other issues with crossovers and such.

I know a lot of the key U.E. people many of us knew and loved have gone, some of them, a long time ago. I just hope that this move improves what UE already has.

I purchased my UE10 almost 3 years ago and I don't regret it one bit. Their support has been top notch every single time I have needed them. I hope that doesn't change.

Still, I also remain cautiously optimistic.