recommend excellent speakers for pc

shinichi

hi ,

can anyone recommend me an used excellent speaker for pc(my sound card has xlr balance, rca analog,...)?

so far i only know the quad 12l active is good for pc(for the qual 12l2 , i think it won't let me use with pc).

can anyone recommend me some speakers which are above level of quad 12l active?

my budget for speaker pc will be around 1.5k for a used one

thanks

Nate, can you post that photo right here, right now? And do you have some autographed 8x10's suitable for framing you can like mail out. Seriously, I'd really frame one and put it in my music room. Only an autographed one, of course. Could be worth somethin' someday?

Congrats guys you are famous! Well deserved quotes because you three have earned the respect of having golden ears and the best vitriolic posts when deserved.

BTW, nice socks Tyll, see you in three and a half weeks in Buena Park.

Regards,

Team Aloha Shirts

If you're set on an active monitor setup, you could check out the Dynaudio BM6MKII or the Adam A7. Both would probably sell for a lot more outside the pro audio channel.

Adam has also just come out with a more consumer-oriented small monitor called the A5 that is getting a lot of buzz. Suspiciously reminiscent (I wonder how much thought went into that model designation) of the very popular Audioengine A5, which is a truly excellent budget choice in this category.

If you are just going to run your soundcard straight out to your speakers, I would probably go with the Audioengines and save your money for music. You are not going to get the (frankly incremental) benefit of the higher-end speakers without an external DAC.

In that spirit - there is Dynaudio's MC15, media-oriented desktop monitor. ~1200 bucks for active pair.

Another option: JBL LSR4328p, which has room correction that helps out with the midbass hump that

results from poor room acoustics.

In that spirit - there is Dynaudio's MC15, media-oriented desktop monitor. ~1200 bucks for active pair.

Another option: JBL LSR4328p, which has room correction that helps out with the midbass hump that

results from poor room acoustics.

I'm pretty sure the MC15 is the same speaker as the BM5 from their pro line, with some plastic feet and a 20% markup.

As you point out, one nice thing about pro monitors is they usually do have options to adjust for awkward placements like right against a wall or flat on a mixing console (or desk).

speaking of the Headroom Harbeth system, did anyone else see the recent headroom add in Stereophile? Boomana, postjack and Voltron are famous now!!

I've been telling my girlfriend I'm "kind of a big deal on the internet" for months now. Time to pickup a copy of Stereophile to show her the hard proof... :D