Deals

Dusty Chalk

If that's what they really ship.

I like Graham's approach, myself.

Within the last month or so I ordered 6 of them and they delivered 6. Five of the 6 have worked flawlessly in my NAS for almost a month. The sixth is a spare. But I do understand your skepticism. Edited by morphsci

I was being mostly facetious.  They would probably get that one right.

The point is that they have proven that they might not get it right and it's a pain if the ass to fix things when they don't.  Not worth it for me when the deal can be probably be easily matched with another vendor.

AFAIC, it's OK for people to post Newegg deals and for other people to buy from them.  I just won't.

In thinking more about how they've handled this, they are trying to cheat people of out money with the "not paying for shipping" issue.  I don't know if it is a purposeful attempt to reduce their loss or just a poorly conceived procedure, but the result is the same.  So buyer beware when dealing with Newegg.

I received a note in response to my online "issue."  The status said "resolved" yet it was little more than the same crap already spewed at me.  The only difference is that the gift card amount went to $25.

So I replied no thanks, it wouldn't do me any good since I didn't want to deal with NewEgg anymore.  I then proceeded to tell her what REAL customer service is, exemplified by another company in another situation (B&H).  The fact that all I got was more of the same scripted line told me they don't "get it" anymore.  They only seemed to want to make sure their issue closure stats looked good.

All in all, not a huge deal, but it did somewhat annoy me that the attitude I got was basically, "We sent you the RMA and UPS form, here's $XX, now go away....but keep shopping here."

Now to wait for the refund, and see if they refund shipping or not.

I got a note saying my shipping is being refunded, and no offers of any remuneration.  I expressed that I probably wasn't going to be shopping with newegg anymore because of how they've handled this, but didn't ask for anything beyond that.  I also only exchanged emails, I never called, because nothing short of double my money back would be worth spending an hour of time dealing with customer service folks.

• Like 1

Dragging up the Newegg story again....apologies to those who are tiring/tired of it.

Got an email that the RMA was received, then another that it was approved, and finally a credit invoice...for the sales amount only, no shipping  :palm:

Sent a livid note to my new best friend there, the CS rep who gave me her specific work email.  Told her I wanted the contact info of the top person in customer support so that s/he could hear my story and tell me that they are going to do something about this horrible service in the future.

My next to last line in the email:  "This is completely unconscionable, or at a minimum completely incompetent!"

Love this shit.....

Dragging up the Newegg story again....apologies to those who are tiring/tired of it.

Got an email that the RMA was received, then another that it was approved, and finally a credit invoice...for the sales amount only, no shipping  :palm:

Sent a livid note to my new best friend there, the CS rep who gave me her specific work email.  Told her I wanted the contact info of the top person in customer support so that s/he could hear my story and tell me that they are going to do something about this horrible service in the future.

My next to last line in the email:  "This is completely unconscionable, or at a minimum completely incompetent!"

Love this shit.....

Did you not get a notice for the shipping refund separately? The way it seemed that they had to process my shipping refund was CSR had to ask for approval and submit the shipping refund separately. Funny enough, the line item that was listed on my shipping refund invoce was "Poor hard drive packag156690977". I find it funny that given my poor experience with their HD packaging that would be the item name for my shipping refund.

Funny, that's been one of my past complaints, poor packing....no damage, but it always seemed like the possibility was there.

Haven't received a reply from my pal, haven't gone through normal channels yet.  Want to see how she reacts, if she takes care of me and also gives me a contact of higher-ups.

All in all, it's an annoyance, but I'm not horribly upset.  I'll certainly take my business elsewhere, but as long as I have a bit of time to stir the pot, I'll see what I can do.  IMO, they need some humility, and need to re-connect to the customer a bit with their Customer Service.

Edited by skullguise

Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home for $75 with a free Industry Disgrace strap (Black/Brown/Orange) over on Adorama.

Search on Google for "Adorama Crumpler 7 Million Dollar Home deal" or something along that line, since linking directly to the deal page reverts it back to original price.

uh, i don't know why this is so cheap, but stainless (and it's decent, if not amazing, Stainless: think Henckels stainless) 8" Sabatier for $11.

Dagnabit!  Requires different stones than Chicago Cutlery :) but I wish I had seen this!  Sabatier = not bad.  $11 = not bad at all.