Deals

Dusty Chalk

I thought that was cheap, local stores sell them for even more. :confused:

To clarify, I live in Japan so when I saw that site I realized what i thought were normal prices here were a bargain compared to state-side :) Part of the surprise I experienced was due to the fact that the majority of Japanese made items sold in Japan are normally found cheaper in the states and everywhere other than Japan.

Anyone know anything about this (eSlick Ultra Thin eBook Reader w/ built in MP3 Player + Free PDF Creator)? As in, any good? PDF converter any good? No, I'm not getting one, but am curious.

Quick google search results:

ESlick E-Book Reader Cheapest, Ugliest Yet | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

First impressions of the eSlick eBook reader

The deal when it first came out was for $230 and now sells normally for $160, so the $20 isn't that great of a deal.

Even though it comes from the same people who made the kindle, I am definitely turned off that it doesn't support ePub (even though I dislike DRM). Its not too very ugly, but I'd rather have the wireless and support that comes with the kindle.

I'd have to do the math, but I think that even beats my eMusic subscription...

There are some flavors of the month on there (Neko Case, Metric)...I.E. the selection is not necessarily crappy...

(wanders off, does math)

...alright, maybe not, my eMusic subscription is ~USD$0.266666667/song (75/$20), so Fantasies if half that, but they don't even offer Middle Cyclone, so...there are options...

I'd have to do the math, but I think that even beats my eMusic subscription...

There are some flavors of the month on there (Neko Case, Metric)...I.E. the selection is not necessarily crappy...

(wanders off, does math)

...alright, maybe not, my eMusic subscription is ~USD$0.266666667/song (75/$20), so Fantasies if half that, but they don't even offer Middle Cyclone, so...there are options...

You have Middle Cyclone at e-music and also at Amazon

Me, too. I :ian: my eMusic subscription.

Well, if I search for it now, it doesn't come up (at least, not on the first page):

Neko Case mp3s, Neko Case music downloads, Neko Case songs from eMusic.com

Neko Case And Her Boyfriends mp3s, Neko Case And Her Boyfriends music downloads, Neko Case And Her Boyfriends songs from eMusic.com

(...and similarly when I search on "Middle Cyclone", and scroll down to albums, it doesn't come up on the first page there.)

I mean, obviously your link works, I can see that, it just didn't come up when I did a cursory search for it. I should probably write them about that, because if it's not coming up for someone like me -- who is probably at least in the top 50th percentile of computer-savvy people -- then who knows what it's doing for "lesser" people (no offense, present company excluded, &c.).

I imagine it'd work pretty well...I'm tempted so that I can use it as a screen for my mini and laptop, plus output from the denon sacd player when I need it.

I had similar ideas but how do you use it as the output for the denon player?

Yeah, I forgot the denons have HDMI outs. Well I need to find a deal on a 3930 somewhere by January 2010, unless of course I find another deal on an AA mark II in which case the denon>monitor issue goes on hold.

Edited by Augsburger