Sony DAS-R1

spritzer

Marc,

I'm not sure about the Rotel RCD-855, as that is what I have, and mine is not an S1 (it may be an R1, I'd need to look at it again). Some lists show this as a TDA1541, not TDA1541a. It most definitely is an "a".

Hence my request to spritzer that I'd take those lowly S1's off his hands for him >:D

Your plan of listening to plain TDA1541as is probably about the best you can do now, particularly given the fact that any double crown on the market would be suspected fake. There was a guy on pinkfishmedia that was testing some S2s for a potential group buy and determined that the ones being tested were not any better than the known good plain ones he was testing against, so he advised to abort on the buy. You might be able to determine what he was using to test however.

http://www.pinkfishmedia.net/forum/showthread.php?t=40114&highlight=1541a&page=6

Oops, this was S1 vs. plain. Still some valid bits however.

Well my battered wife syndrome (I have two singlepower products for chrissakes) compels me to offer up an excuse.

He's in real Europe and not island Europe like you which means he probably doesn't have access to the internet since I don't think real Europe has internet yet.

Maybe when he is back from real Europe he will be able to drop some communication.

Well my battered wife syndrome (I have two singlepower products for chrissakes) compels me to offer up an excuse.

He's in real Europe and not island Europe like you which means he probably doesn't have access to the internet since I don't think real Europe has internet yet.

Maybe when he is back from real Europe he will be able to drop some communication.

:rofl: Nobody takes the internet as seriously as we do and definitely not "old" Europe. I think the the phone companies are fast approaching 99% 3G coverage of the island and some 15-20km out to sea, like we need to check the email on top of a glacier or out on sea . ;D Alex has been posting on the APL forum though so he might be doing it telepathically... ???