What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a meeting free day at work, which should translate to a productive day, though that hasn't been the case so far for variety of reasons. Also found out that as a part of cost cutting, they most likely won't be replacing the malfunctioning printer in our office (along with most of the in-office printers) - this after they've been telling us we'll get a new one Real Soon Now™. I'm wondering how much money they'll be saving when the three big printers/copiers break-down with increased frequency from seeing 90% of the printing/copying.

Edited by Salt Peanuts

pulled the stereo from my sx4 so I could install the aux cable, then put it back in.

I've gotta do that with wife's Matrix so she can use her iPod in the car again (she was using a tape adapter but the tape player is now dead). Hopefully, it won't be too hard - stupid factory installed radio/CD player.

Compared the RS-1, HD800 and HD-1000 "Charleston" plus was told how much new HE90 drivers would cost me. Very big fucking ouch!!

I also think I've solved what is wrong with this troubled Shanling A100 amp I was asked to look over. Now I've just got to wait for it to have this intermittent fault so I can verify my hunch. If this is indeed the case then I feel very sad for the repair shop which has looked at the amp a few times and declared they can't find the cause. It took me 5 minutes and most of them was spent retracing the circuit... :rolleyes:

Driving home from work about 8PM, I passed the Mellow Mushroom and couldn't help but notice that next to the all the happy diners eating peacefully outside, the parking lot was taped off and three fire trucks and two police cars were blocking the lane closest to it. It was a odd visual juxtaposition. Just turned on the news to learn that someone had reported a container leaking a red fluid which turned out to be the blood of the dead guy in it. If anyone knows this area of Delray Beach, the Atlantic Avenue stretch, it's one of the most popular, people packed, festive areas around, and that corner is the the main intersection. Wouldn't have expected this sort of thing there, let alone with dining business as usual going on only a few yards away.

Driving home from work about 8PM, I passed the Mellow Mushroom and couldn't help but notice that next to the all the happy diners eating peacefully outside, the parking lot was taped off and three fire trucks and two police cars were blocking the lane closest to it. It was a odd visual juxtaposition. Just turned on the news to learn that someone had reported a container leaking a red fluid which turned out to be the blood of the dead guy in it. If anyone knows this area of Delray Beach, the Atlantic Avenue stretch, it's one of the most popular, people packed, festive areas around, and that corner is the the main intersection. Wouldn't have expected this sort of thing there, let alone with dining business as usual going on only a few yards away.

Strange, Vicki. I know that area well. My former fiancee lived in Delray for several years and we used to go down there all the time. As you say, a very festive, fun area.

Got completely drenched in the Atom the other day on I-595 as I was leaving Ft. Lauderdale and heading back to Tampa. I stuck it out for about 5 miles, and then got off the interstate and hit a massive puddle in a parking lot. There was 4 inches of water inside the "tub" areas on the driver and passenger sides.

My wallet got drenched so I lost some of my favorite pictures including one of my dad that can't be replaced. My cell phone and iPod crapped out as well, but that's just stuff.

Got back to Tampa at 1:30am and the gate to the RV storage place wouldn't take my code. Got an "invalid time" error and then sat there until 3:15am when the resident manager woke up to take a piss and saw me on one of his security cameras. Then the gate opened and all was well again...

That stinks Wayne. At least, I hope you were able to stay warm and dry in the RV while waiting.

I got stuck outside of the gate. My RV was inside. Didn't matter. Some days don't go as planned. Actually went to the Waffle House down the road for breakfast which killed about an hour, then got back again at 2:30am and only had to wait for 45 minutes before the manager woke up, saw me, and let me in.

The picture of my dad was messed up beyond recognition, but there are plenty of others. I'll pick out another good on next time I'm home, but will make sure I get a good copy made.

Technically, earlier in the week.

Helped out the neighbors with shooting some promo's and trailers for the Bushy Report, coming not so soon to the local public-access cable TV channel ...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3810[/ATTACH]

Miking The Talent ....

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3811[/ATTACH]

It's a tough job, but someone has to do it. :)

Lav_Miking_Etiquette

All in the pursuit of rustle free audio ....

post-548-12951158311075_thumb.jpg

post-548-12951158312656_thumb.jpg