What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Had lunch with the wife at the Shake Shack, ok burger but IMO nothing special (he wife loved it which is a good thing). Then I drove to South Miami and met with Rob (vorlon1) to chat and listen to the iBasso Toucan, plus we compared it with the MiniBox-E+ and the Xin Reference (D5 module). Overall a nice day.

Susie feels very welcome at Head-Case thanks to all of you. You can't tell from the pic, but she has really long legs, a narrow, deep chest and lots of spots (mostly under her coat), so I'm really wondering if she might be part Whippet or Greyhound.

She has the sweetest disposition of any dog I've had. She wants to lay her head on my arm at all times, and she loves to get under the covers to sleep. She stayed in one position all night and slept great, especially considering it was a new environment.

susie003816x612.jpg

Susie feels very welcome at Head-Case thanks to all of you. You can't tell from the pic, but she has really long legs, a narrow, deep chest and lots of spots (mostly under her coat), so I'm really wondering if she might be part Whippet or Greyhound.

Sort of a Greppet. Or a Whiphound ;D

Seriously - that is one cute doggie.

thanks. I'm not sure it's the best fit for me, but it has a big advantage in that it's less than 45 minutes from home, and wouldn't be a GIANT pay cut, and is also theoretically a lateral move, so wouldn't look terrible on my resume.

Sweated my fucking ass off, just like I thought I would. That's what happens when you're in a black car with no AC (in the summer).

I was too today. It was hotter than hell. However I have a lot more ass to lose than you. :)

Good luck Dan, if you decide it's right for you.

I flew down to LA, defended an expert deposition, flew back to SF, bought some booze (including Torani Amer so I can tell Dinny if it is any good as an Amer Picon substitute), and now I am going home to make some cocktails and dinner.

i found out that my 3% (whoopty-doo) pay increase for the year is official. the nice thing is that it's being backdates to July 1, so tomorrow's paycheck should include a bit more fun money.

I know it's not great but it's a raise and that's not something to sneeze at these days. I noticed a pretty discomforting trend during my recent change of employment. When I would tell someone that my last day at work was going to be X about 90% of people assumed that I had been laid off and that I'd subsequently be unemployed. When I would tell them that I had elected to make the change and already had a new job lined up most were shocked. Three years ago I didn't know anyone looking for a job, today I know several who have been out of work for more than 6 months and more than a couple who are nearing the two year mark.

Good luck Dan!