What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks nice. Is it Plum Island?

We went the other direction, that's the view from Pine Point in Maine which is up near Old Orchard Beach. Our friends have an old family place up there about 100' off the beech so we went up to have lunch with them and then headed down by the water for a few hours.

And 909, she's still a bit young for swimming, moreover all the Docs have told us to keep her out of the direct sunlight as much as possible until like 6 months or so. So being the overprotective dad that I am she stayed put in her seat and got a solid nap in. :)

Al, she's still to small for that onesie but it's ready to go as soon as she is and there will certainly be a post to go along with that occasion.

Peter, yeah, it was a great Monday and clearly better than any workday!

I actually quit smoking today...not that much of an active activity but nonetheless, it takes up all of your day :D

It was not that really hard actually, it's not the smoking that I miss so far but more the habit of doing it. I didn't even miss it after dinner which surprised me a lot but it came after that.

We got invited by my colleague for dinner who's gonna take over the place I work at by the end of this year. As he does that together with my boyfriend they had to discuss some matters in another room and I was left alone with the wife who smokes but most of all, is deadly boring :eek:

Sigh, I am glad we're home now!!

you're not even a day into it. it'll get hard. don't beat yourself up if you relapse.

Yeah, I just meant that the first day wasn't as hard as I imagined. It's an interesting experience though, watching how your body reacts to it.

Thanx Dusty for the tip. I'm gonna try to make it without the help of any of that, no gum, no badges, no books. I should be able to beat a cigarette on my own, right...:cool:

well, defeating the first 10 or 15 cigarettes is easy, maybe even the first couple cartons, but then they gain up on you. fighting them off by the truck full, while big tobacco executives try to force cigarettes under your eye lids while you sleep, is a real battle. what are gun laws like where you live?

Haha gun laws are fine here. You're not permitted to have a gun for "fun" and thank god, coz I would have killed the plumber today arhhhhggg he's screwing up the walls in the cellar which we just got fixed. It's all dirty now and he actually managed to drive a hole in one of them !@#$%^&*^%$#@!

He recently had a stroke so that's why he's not so "on the edge" anymore and I won't freak out against him but I am a little pissed :mad:

There is also not that much tobacco advertisment here as it's forbidden by law too. You're not allowed to smoke in bars or restaurants anymore so that will make it more easier than it used to be....we'll see...