What did you do today?

riceboy

Met with the ortho doc and got decidedly mixed news about the knee.

Point #1: meniscus definitely torn, surgery the only real option so I scheduled it. It's a walk-in proceedure, out the same day, crutches only as needed.

Kick in the nuts: MRI results regarding my previously repaired ACL were mixed, as in they can't tell if it's still intact. Doc's opinion was that it wasn't recent damage if it had happened and that it's always problematic trying to look at structure that has already been repaired. So they'll go in at the same time I have the cartilage work done and take lots of pretty pictures that hopefully show my fake ACL is still there. If not, well, I'm trying not to go there mentally at this point. I'm 15 years removed from the last ACL repair but I still remember how un-fun it was and I was like fit and stuff back then. The joint doesn't exhibit any signs of instability but it didn't the first time around either so here's to hoping.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got shot in the eye (my good eye, I'm nearly blind in the other one) with a laser this weekend at the nightclub. I am really not happy about this.

Sorry to hear that Knuckles, but maybe it won't be so bad. Amphead, from Head-Fi, builds incredibly strong lasers and managed to accidentally turn on a 250mV laser and have it refract off a glass and hit him in the eye. He said it burned right away, his eye started watering and then he had a spot in his vision for about a week to two weeks. He used some kind of drops and some other stuff (vitamins?) for a few weeks and by a month later it was back to normal. You actually might want to PM him. His name is Ron and he is a good guy.

Point #1: meniscus definitely torn, surgery the only real option so I scheduled it. It's a walk-in proceedure, out the same day, crutches only as needed.

Kick in the nuts: MRI results regarding my previously repaired ACL were mixed, as in they can't tell if it's still intact. Doc's opinion was that it wasn't recent damage if it had happened and that it's always problematic trying to look at structure that has already been repaired. So they'll go in at the same time I have the cartilage work done and take lots of pretty pictures that hopefully show my fake ACL is still there. If not, well, I'm trying not to go there mentally at this point. I'm 15 years removed from the last ACL repair but I still remember how un-fun it was and I was like fit and stuff back then. The joint doesn't exhibit any signs of instability but it didn't the first time around either so here's to hoping.

Sorry to hear this Nate, hopefully everything goes well.

Met with the ortho doc and got decidedly mixed news about the knee.

Smeggy's fixing your knee? :P

Sorry about your eye too Knucks!

Thanks for the kind words, guys. My eye has basically been hurting since Saturday night when it happened. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, and if it's still hurting then, I'm going to mention it to him. Well, I might mention it anyway, but you know what I mean. I don't know the output power of the laser that got me. I do know it was RGB color mixing, which means the total output could be several hundred MW, but it's unlikely I got the full brunt of that. I didn't get any burning feeling or tearing, so maybe I'm lucky?

2d7zuxz.jpg

Yes, Reks, every laserist knows that sign. Only problem is that I lack a remaining eye if this one goes. Good luck with that freon. tongue0020.gifatsmile.gif

Edit: Good LORD, that sign is huge (that's what she said). Replaced with a more sane sized one.