What did you do today?

riceboy

Thankfully, our basement isn't finished. I just had to keep getting the water out as the level was getting way too close to the furnace and water heater. I took today off so I can continue to deal with it since it was still slowly seeping in when the flood control folks left the house at 3.40am.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was bit ridiculous at one point as we were barely able to keep up the pace with the rate of water coming into the basement. I have a feeling we may be getting the basement waterproofed this spring as this was the third time there's been water in the basement (the first two instances were nowhere near as bad).

Thanks for the well wishes guys, the knee is not in good shape this morning, i.e. walking is not really an option.

I had a 9am appointment with the doc, of course since about 90% of the surrounding area is without power they were of course closed. If it gets much below freezing there are going to be some truly hurting folks around here. On my way to the closed doc's office I had to drive through two areas of ~6" standing water across pretty main roads (each about 100' long) where the river had crested the banks. There was also some major tree damage as a result of the wind last night, I saw a few completely uprooted trees the largest of which had to be in the 16 to 18" diameter range. I'm now debating a trip the ER, but since it just started snowing I'm not entirely sure I'm up for dealing with that combination.

Hope it gets feeling better Nate. Don't hesitate going to an orthopedics doctor if it doesn't get better on its own.
That was this morning's goal, go to the PCP and get a referral to an orthopedist and get an MRI/Xray. With all the calamity going on around here today that seems to be unlikely.

Sorry about the sucky weather as well :(

At least we have power here, which is shocking since we're out in the middle of nowhere.

Sorry for the pain in the knee. As one who has had arthroscopic surgery on my knee, I say do not wait.

As for me. I was finally given permission to move the imac so I can have it hooked up to the ULN-2 for adjustment purposes. I now have glorious music from the digital coax inputs, now that they are unmuted :palm:

Sorry for the pain in the knee. As one who has had arthroscopic surgery on my knee, I say do not wait.
Oh, the real joy here is that this knee was reconstructed 15 years ago. It's a been there, done that scenario unfortunately.

As for me. I was finally given permission to move the imac so I can have it hooked up to the ULN-2 for adjustment purposes. I now have glorious music from the digital coax inputs, now that they are unmuted :palm:

Nice!

Enough about my stupid knee I say. Talked with the doc, we'll deal with this first thing Monday.

In other news I flipped the switch on a certain high voltage amplification project and with the help of a slim guy on the way to the airport managed to get it biased up properly and confirm that all appears to be well. I have to wrap up some final input wiring details (hopefully tonight) and then I'll post a few pictures.

Sorry about your knee, Nate. :(

I packed up my Gyro today for the last time after listening to a few farewell records.

Congrats on the sale, Stretch!

Enough about my stupid knee I say. Talked with the doc, we'll deal with this first thing Monday.

In other news I flipped the switch on a certain high voltage amplification project and with the help of a slim guy on the way to the airport managed to get it biased up properly and confirm that all appears to be well. I have to wrap up some final input wiring details (hopefully tonight) and then I'll post a few pictures.

Ooo, will the said amp be making an appearance next week?

Finished up the tax prep (US side at least) and celebrated by going to the theatre.

Hooke1.jpg

He provoked intense loyalty, controversy, jealousy and hatred. A genius of the 17th century: Architect, Engineer, Chemist, Horologist, Physicist, Astronomer, Painter, even Musician. His recently unearthed manuscript sold for millions. But was 'London's Leonardo' buried by another Da Vinci plot? In hot-blooded times, passions explode.History is on trial. Robert Hooke - your time has come.

Can't be with you guys at the SFBay meet, but I figured an evening with a cranky underappreciated opium-taking scientific and mechanical genius with unkempt hair would provide at least part of the experience.

I kid, I kid.

Yesterday: Went to Richmond for the North American Hand Built Bicycle Show. I will likely now buy a custom bike from this gentleman: Custom handmade steel bicycle frames for over 30 years. Then went to see Avatar in Real 3D on a DLP screen. Awesome.

Today: Worked, Ran a 5k, Worked, Went to lunch and grocery shopping now more work.

Nice. I'm sure NAHBS was amazing.

Nice. I'm sure NAHBS was amazing.

Yeah it was really cool. I find most of the stuff either a bit to way overpriced but it was almost all beautiful. What separates K Bedford is that he's really approachable and his TIG comp frames are reasonably priced.

I also got to ride DuraAce Di2 which was bloody amazing, in small-small and then get out of the seat and sprint and gear up to the big chainring like nothing happened. Not really a useful situation but still neat to do. I'm going to stick with SRAM. That said if you want to spend your money that way it is the best shift I have ever felt.