What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know, but there are not words in any language to describe how pissed I am right now. I even unpacked it earlier to make sure it powered up and the drawer opened before lugging the fucking 23lb beast home. I should have known better than to tempt fate. My luck with digital equipment is spectacularly bad.

I don't know, but there are not words in any language to describe how pissed I am right now. I even unpacked it earlier to make sure it powered up and the drawer opened before lugging the fucking 23lb beast home. I should have known better than to tempt fate. My luck with digital equipment is spectacularly bad.

:palm: that is crazy man :palm:

That sucks! I hope it is just an internal connection that loosened as the UPS/USPS driver drop kicked it up to your location. My fingers are crossed Nate.
Unfortunately not. I took the cover off last night and everything looks to be ok but the CD simply refuses to cue/spin up. I had the meter on the motor as I pressed play and there is no voltage being applied so something is definitely pissed.

Sorry to hear this Nate. As people have said, this really sucks. Hopefully it is something easily fixed.
There is almost no point in fixing it. Just to get someone to sneeze on it would cost more than 1/3 of what it cost not to mention shipping it back and forth to the repair place or any parts (if available) that might be required.

Damn!!! Sorry Nate!

Here's to hoping the seller honors his statement that he'll give me a refund if I return it. If so I'm swearing off sources for a while.

Sucky dude. I hope you get your money back.

The seller seems like a good guy and it appears as if I'll only be out return shipping shortly (which I volunteered to cover).

Now as a wonderful aside I spoke with Noble electronics yesterday about the EAD DAC that I bought and they confirmed that it is not working correctly adn should be sent in for repairs. :palm:

Perhaps it's time I get the TT out of the closet?

:nate:

Nate it appears that your digital luck may well be worse than Reks' amp luck.

Once my DAC is built I'll have an extra CDP (Original 2008 MkII). You'd be more than welcome to keep it on extended loan, It may be a little while before I'm at that place though.

Man, Nate, sour luck. It always seems to come in streaks.

I took the morning off under false dentist appointment pretenses to take receipt of my new JH13s. Yay!

Ooh, that's tempting fate. You'll no doubt wake up with a tooth ache tomorrow.

I'll just gently bite my finger, like I always do when avoiding the dentist.

Also, they didn't come in the morning, so I emailed into work for the afternoon claiming that the aftereffects of anaesthesia had me drooling and slurring like a mentally incompetent drunk. I should probably feel bad, but I don't.