What did you do today?

riceboy

Speaking of options, the wife finally got the IPO monkey off her back today when they went to market at last. Originally filed to sell $330M at $16 to $18 and ended up with an order book well over $1B at $17.50. Closed at $19.50 after first day's trading. Back slaps and commemorative tombstones all round! Hoping to see her slightly less occasionally until the next one ramps up. :)

Care to share the ticker symbol?

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats Mike.

I've had better days. I drove west to east across lower Michigan to get to my campsite for my annual grouse hunting trip. 5 straight hours. While hooking the trailer up I discover my water filter is leakng like a sieve. Dismantle it and see I need a new O ring. Go to hook up cable TV and discover a 25 coaxial cable is too short. Look at where the sewer connection is and where my dump valves are and I'm about 5 foot short in total length, and this takes into account two hoses. Decide to go to the little town and see if I can find a hardware store. It's 4:30 pm and the town will roll up its sidewalk at 5:00 pm.

Get to the hardware store and find a 100' coaxial cable. Great, I'll have TV tonight. Amazing, they have the right O ring. OK, I'm on a roll. Now where are those sewer hoses? They don't have any. So I leave and wonder of wonders, there is a second hardware store in the tiny berg. Nope, they don't have sewer hoses either. No worries. It's not urgent and I can always move the trailer to dump if I need to. Ask for and go to the best pizza place in the area. Order take out, go to the truck to call my wife. Before I do the phone rings and it is the campground. They tell me my trailer is on fire and would appreciate it if I can return immediately. Cancel my pizza order and go back to the campground.

I go right to the trailer. Hmmm. No fire trucks. No smoke. No crowds. Open up the trailer. Everything is fine. About this time the campground staff arrives and takes me to the back side of the trailer. OK, I can see dark soot. Apparently my hot water heater caught on fire. But one of my neighbors saw the flames and turned off the propane putting the fire out. No hot water but otherwise the trailer is fine. I am camping after all and can survive the week without hot water at the trailer. There are public restrooms with showers afterall.

Ask the campground staff to call my pizza order back in. Hook up the cable and take the dog for a walk. Go back to town to pick up my pizza. "What order" they say. No, the campground did not call in my order. Reordered, called my wife to share the days events, pick up the pizza and return to the trailer. Seems the areas best pizza is some of the worse pizza I've ever had.

I'm going to consume several adult beverages now, and the Glencairn glasses look like the perfect vessel.

Cheers!

Congratulations on the PR Mike.

We drove up to Chicago today, stopped at McCormick Place to pick up the chip along with 44,999 other runners. Then buzzed up to the hotel only to find out they have no pool. Scrambled to keep a 5 year-old from melting down and ended up going swimming at the Lake Shore Athletic Club. Afterwards we ate an overpriced dinner and now everyone is asleep. Except me as I'm busy describing our day.

Congrats Mike.

I've had better days. I drove west to east across lower Michigan to get to my campsite for my annual grouse hunting trip. 5 straight hours. While hooking the trailer up I discover my water filter is leakng like a sieve. Dismantle it and see I need a new O ring. Go to hook up cable TV and discover a 25 coaxial cable is too short. Look at where the sewer connection is and where my dump valves are and I'm about 5 foot short in total length, and this takes into account two hoses. Decide to go to the little town and see if I can find a hardware store. It's 4:30 pm and the town will roll up its sidewalk at 5:00 pm.

Get to the hardware store and find a 100' coaxial cable. Great, I'll have TV tonight. Amazing, they have the right O ring. OK, I'm on a roll. Now where are those sewer hoses? They don't have any. So I leave and wonder of wonders, there is a second hardware store in the tiny berg. Nope, they don't have sewer hoses either. No worries. It's not urgent and I can always move the trailer to dump if I need to. Ask for and go to the best pizza place in the area. Order take out, go to the truck to call my wife. Before I do the phone rings and it is the campground. They tell me my trailer is on fire and would appreciate it if I can return immediately. Cancel my pizza order and go back to the campground.

I go right to the trailer. Hmmm. No fire trucks. No smoke. No crowds. Open up the trailer. Everything is fine. About this time the campground staff arrives and takes me to the back side of the trailer. OK, I can see dark soot. Apparently my hot water heater caught on fire. But one of my neighbors saw the flames and turned off the propane putting the fire out. No hot water but otherwise the trailer is fine. I am camping after all and can survive the week without hot water at the trailer. There are public restrooms with showers afterall.

Ask the campground staff to call my pizza order back in. Hook up the cable and take the dog for a walk. Go back to town to pick up my pizza. "What order" they say. No, the campground did not call in my order. Reordered, called my wife to share the days events, pick up the pizza and return to the trailer. Seems the areas best pizza is some of the worse pizza I've ever had.

I'm going to consume several adult beverages now, and the Glencairn glasses look like the perfect vessel.

Cheers!

I'm charging my glass to you squire. Thats a run of irritation.

My charged glass also the pile of good for you Mike.

Just got back from helping a buddy move into his new apartment. 4 hours last night, crashed there, and then 8 more today, but it is all taken care of. Well, the place is a huge mess, but not my problem. Ate some pizza, drank some beer, now listening to a new set of hifiman he-5.

Set up the SDS-XLR in Mayberry again finally, and it is playing very nicely and not popping any regulator or other tubes! :prettyprincess: This is still an amazing amp. I will try to take a pic if people promise not to tell me that the rack is overstuffed! I had to adjust and re-adjust the shelves way too many times to squeeze everything in, and although the clearances are tight, there is plenty of ventilation.

Happily listening right now with the balanced PS-1, and bummed I have to turn it all off to go pick up my daughter. :palm:

I cannot concur with the locking of that thread at all. It was not the trollfest or flamebaiting clusterfuck it might have been and nor was it overactive with rubbish and slander. I'm sure many of us were waiting on that to be bumped with an update on the issue.

Locking down a pending issue with an MOT, irrexpective of who it is shouldn't be on.