What did you do today?

riceboy

Congratulations Vicky and Reks on the new jobs.

I just sent a final warning to Reference Audio Mods regarding a refund I am requesting for a mod job they charged for but didn't perform. I am weighing my options and trying to get back into a good mood so that I don't spoil the rest of my day and week.

Sipping a Venti coffee and trying to change my mood.

---aint working I'm f***ing pissed!

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What do you mean, they didn't perform? They sent you back an item unmodified?

Basically, yes. I was charged for two LeClanche PIO caps, that were not installed. I was charged for a Furutech IEC, I did not receive. RAM insists the IEC installed is Furutech yet there is no Furutech logo/lable anywhere on the IEC jack. There are many other issues I will detail later but I am waiting for a refund offer from RAM. At this point I paid $450, yeah I know a stupid move but that was then hopefully I am smarter now, for parts and work not delivered. Ram has offered a refund of $110 because they claim they did some of the work. I am contemplating whether it is worth the trouble and bad mood I will be in for the next two months to pursue things via another channel. They are located in California, and I am located in California.

No, it wasn't a stupid move on your part -- I was considering getting a RAM modified Oppo at one point, so will be curious how this turns out for you.

Oh it is not going well at all. I have a lot to share when it comes time, but IIWY I would wait for a while, a long while before considering the mods and RAM.

Oh it is not going well at all. I have a lot to share when it comes time, but IIWY I would wait for a while, a long while before considering the mods and RAM.

I don't know if you are one of the people affected by the split with Doug Jesse, but here is the Audio Asylum link and here is what owner Kyle Takanega claimed he would do for such people:

"Dear Asylum Members,

RAM has always been committed to providing the best possible service within our human abilities. Alain has already contacted me, and I have already agreed to install the mod for him as he was promised. In fact, I have done this for several customers in which Doug Jesse has failed to do so. This has been an ongoing process since we essentially "fired" him as an independent contractor in Jan 2008. Another fact I want to make clear is the that Doug Jesse was NEVER a business partner of Reference Audio Mods...just and independent installer.

Due to his intentional fraud and deceit we had no choice in our decision to part ways.

RECAP:

1. RAM will make good on any audio modification which was sent to Doug Jesse when he was an installer for RAM. If one is not sure if the mod was complete we are more then happy to inspect the unit and verify per agreement. Any missing or incorrect parts will be installed FREE of charge

2.RAM cannot address any wrong doings of ASi Teknologies. This has to be addressed directly to Doug Jesse

3.We welcome any phone calls or e-mails in regards to this situation for further clarification

Reference Audio Mods:951-780-2869, [email protected]

Sincerely,

Kyle Takenaga"

Yes, I am aware of the general situation with Kyle and Doug Jesse as it stands now. The problem I have with Kyle is that I paid for mods which Kyle himself supervised, Doug Jesse had nothing to do with my mods. With my $450 mod, parts were not installed and I believe some of the mods were done incorrectly. Klye of course disagrees and has offered to work on my dac to fix what I believe should have been done right the first time. My issue with Kyle is why would I trust anyone who supervised and perhaps had a hand in mods that were not not done and when done, done poorly?

I don't know if you are one of the people affected by the split with Doug Jesse, but here is the Audio Asylum link and here is what owner Kyle Takanega claimed he would do for such people:

"Dear Asylum Members,

RAM has always been committed to providing the best possible service within our human abilities. Alain has already contacted me, and I have already agreed to install the mod for him as he was promised. In fact, I have done this for several customers in which Doug Jesse has failed to do so. This has been an ongoing process since we essentially "fired" him as an independent contractor in Jan 2008. Another fact I want to make clear is the that Doug Jesse was NEVER a business partner of Reference Audio Mods...just and independent installer.

Due to his intentional fraud and deceit we had no choice in our decision to part ways.

RECAP:

1. RAM will make good on any audio modification which was sent to Doug Jesse when he was an installer for RAM. If one is not sure if the mod was complete we are more then happy to inspect the unit and verify per agreement. Any missing or incorrect parts will be installed FREE of charge

2.RAM cannot address any wrong doings of ASi Teknologies. This has to be addressed directly to Doug Jesse

3.We welcome any phone calls or e-mails in regards to this situation for further clarification

Reference Audio Mods:951-780-2869, [email protected]

Sincerely,

Kyle Takenaga"

It's your decision, but I would usually give a vendor a chance to correct things at his own expense (including all shipping, etc.). I met Kyle at HeadFest and he seemed like a reasonable guy. Doug Jesse, on the other hand, looked and acted like a twitchy like a weasel. With all the shit Kyle has going on, maybe you could cut try cutting him the slack for a second chance and if he screws up again then demand your money back. Good luck however you choose to go.

It's your decision, but I would usually give a vendor a chance to correct things at his own expense (including all shipping, etc.). I met Kyle at HeadFest and he seemed like a reasonable guy. Doug Jesse, on the other hand, looked and acted like a twitchy like a weasel. With all the shit Kyle has going on, maybe you could cut try cutting him the slack for a second chance and if he screws up again then demand your money back. Good luck however you choose to go.
I'm not a lawyer, but it might also give you better grounds for demanding the entirety of your money back, if he doesn't fix it right. It's in his best interests to fix it right, I think.

I believe this is the case on the previous run of their bottom-of-the-line IEC jacks. I have pics somewhere if needed.

You're saying that Furutech sold IEC jacks without their name stamped anywhere on the jack? No pics necessary, your word/memory is good enough, I guess I am wrong there.

Like this?

post-285-12951152145666_thumb.jpg

You're saying that Furutech sold IEC jacks without their name stamped anywhere on the jack? No pics necessary, your word/memory is good enough, I guess I am wrong there.

Like this?

I'm holding one in my hand and it's identical. I'm comparing the markings inside the jack. If yours is like mine, it would say "Furutech" on the bottom side of the jack, meaning you'd have to remove it and turn it 180 degrees to read the text, or use a dentist mirror to peer under the jack. I'm pretty sure that is the same. The older models didn't say Furutech on them, I'm pretty sure about that, but yours is newer and I'm 99% sure it will have the words if you look carefully.

Please report back!

Trying to quit cigarettes. Had my "last one" last night around 10 and I'm decently going along my day smoke free. I cut down heavily already to about half a pack a day and I'm hoping I can get through the next week or two. My 6 week patch program should be coming in the mail by Saturday. =T

Trying to quit cigarettes. Had my "last one" last night around 10 and I'm decently going along my day smoke free. I cut down heavily already to about half a pack a day and I'm hoping I can get through the next week or two. My 6 week patch program should be coming in the mail by Saturday. =T

Good luck and congrats I guess :) I'm thinking of doing the same soon----> yeah that sounds promising :rolleyes:

Did nothing special today, just working.

Made some backups when I got home so I can take my computer on holidays without worrying too much. Now just listening to some music, pretty nice day :D

Made some backups when I got home so I can take my computer on holidays without worrying too much.

Holidays count-down? Berlin or Bust in a week?

Btw, I have a hunch that the ATP-RLC is a scam by RoVo, the shit is defective or the combination doesn't work. If so I'm not surprised that fotohuis stays quiet also looks like he's been semi-banned.