What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice your started your new job, Reks, even with the unappreciative co-worker. Someone who doesn't like Ornette Coleman...>:(

I had a really good day. Signed a contract for a new position at the job I'd been working towards for awhile now. The next three to six months is going to be pretty demanding, and with a whole new schedule, but I'm excited. We've also been building a new office building that is supposedly (uh...yeah) going to be open in August. With that, I'll be getting a rather large office, and will finally be allowed an office rig. Now, what to get.....:)

the timing of that sounds like O2 + KGBHSE :)

Dang, you boys are mean. :'(

I basically have about three or four months to plan this rig until the new building opens. Can't have anything too isolating, and can't be large. May just stick with the MacBook Pro, pico, ESW9s, but I don't like the idea of carting my laptop around (I drop things a lot and killed the last one that way), and can't use office computer for music. I don't really...er...need a new rig, but...but...but.............

0000000100_3546.jpg

Add some nice AD2Ks for great sound but openness (I can hear the phone ring with them on at my desk rig).

Dew eet!

the timing of that sounds like O2 + KGBHSE :)

0000000100_3546.jpg

Add some nice AD2Ks for great sound but openness (I can hear the phone ring with them on at my desk rig).

Dew eet!

Both of those would be dream rigs, and I'll have to see what's possible when the new building is finally open. In the meantime, until I have a bigger space, I'm probably going to have to go for Rek's suggestion of ipod/headphones. Funny, the new position doesn't even kick in for a couple weeks, and am thinking about what I need to do for that?....nooooo....but only one day into the offer, and I'm planning an office system....hmmmm

As for today, I'm off to the audiologist for new impressions. UE rejected my first set for not having a base. I used their recommended audiologist, so they might want to reinvestigate to whom they're sending their customers.

Both of those would be dream rigs, and I'll have to see what's possible when the new building is finally open. In the meantime, until I have a bigger space, I'm probably going to have to go for Rek's suggestion of ipod/headphones. Funny, the new position doesn't even kick in for a couple weeks, and am thinking about what I need to do for that?....nooooo....but only one day into the offer, and I'm planning an office system....hmmmm

As for today, I'm off to the audiologist for new impressions. UE rejected my first set for not having a base. I used their recommended audiologist, so they might want to reinvestigate to whom they're sending their customers.

That's just goofy on the UE front. I have held out a long time on getting customs because Westone offered to have me be a beta tester on their Custom 3s. Still waiting for the universal to even arrive, and the Custom comes later. :rolleyes:

Anyway, why not use the Nano-->Pico-->ESW9? I have mini cables if you are in need...

By midnight last night I was feeling a bit better but still decided to take today off to try and make sure that I don't get really sick. Felt pretty awesome to log ~8hrs of sleep last night, that's for sure.

Also, I discovered today that Autocad 2007 is not Vista compatible, so trying to do work from home is proving rather fruitless.

Also, I discovered today that Autocad 2007 is not Vista compatible, so trying to do work from home is proving rather fruitless.

At least you found out before things got really bad. We lost a number of drawings... Autocad + Vista = corrupted files with no hope of recovery. :(

I could use that, but what's the fun in getting a new, big office if you can't plan a rig for it?

Nate, hope you're feeling better.

I'm clearly being too literal, but when you said iPod + headphones I was wondering why you left out the Pico. Thus, the cable offer. I still have and RnB180 Black Diamond (?) plus the RnB180 gold reference cable I bought from grawk eons ago, and I hardly ever use them because I have an 5G iMod that requires the special dock.

I'm clearly being too literal, but when you said iPod + headphones I was wondering why you left out the Pico. Thus, the cable offer. I still have and RnB180 Black Diamond (?) plus the RnB180 gold reference cable I bought from grawk eons ago, and I hardly ever use them because I have an 5G iMod that requires the special dock.

I have a few mini-to-minis and a couple LODs, so I'm good, but thanks, Al.

Vicki, congrats on the job, I know you have been working hard towards it for a while now. I'm limited to speakers in my office. I have too many people bothering me during the day. It would be nice to be able to crank up the volume a bit which I could do with headphones. It's always nice to have an excuse to look for a new rig.

Well I took a shower this morning....::)
Actually, I think they're saying go ahead and take showers, wash dishes and clothing, and for god's sake, flush the damn toilets. They just want you to boil it for a minute before ingesting it, I believe.
Under the advisory, customers are urged to use bottled water or to bring water to a rolling boil for one minute and cool before drinking, making ice, brushing teeth and preparing food.

Had great dessert at this shave ice place today for the first time.

Went to Best Buy to purchase Coldplay's LP with CD. I haven't been to Best Buy before it opened and there was like 30 people waiting outside.

I then went running by the beach right outside of my workplace. It was somewhat humid, but seeing the beach and running made it so relaxing. It was a good chance for me to use my new Sansa Clip MP3 player. It performed well when I was running.

Came home and played with my son :). Relaxing right now, listening to the Coldplay CD.