What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunny today so the kids wanted to hit Uhlman's ice cream stand for the first time this year. Being a New England spring, the wind was still bitter, leading to some incongruity. :)

One of the things I miss when I lived in MA is going for ice cream. I used to mostly go to Kimball's Farm in Westford and Bate's Farm in Carlisle. It looks like Kimball's may have bought Bate's some place along the way.

Uhlman's ice cream is still good but the atmosphere isn't the same since they sold most of the land for development. On the other hand, the farmer has now built a putting green on his front lawn and drives an XK-R, so from his point of view it's probably something of an improvement.

I used to mostly go to Kimball's Farm in Westford and Bate's Farm in Carlisle. It looks like Kimball's may have bought Bate's some place along the way.

Damn, small world. I live only few miles away from Kimball. In fact, that's where I'm getting married - gotta love ice cream, mini golf, and bumper boats.;D

Horrid spring cold led to some spring cleaning, so I can leave my door open without being embarrassed and release the damn heat.

I also tested the Xpal Harry II to power the y1 so that I can use the Transit through only one USB port without the power adapter. Cue the energizer bunny, it has now been exactly six hours! :D Great deal indeed, now I can use it as transportable in whatever room I'm enjoying TV/videogames/music. It'll be just perfect if it can charge while it powers too.

Horrid spring cold led to some spring cleaning, so I can leave my door open without being embarrassed and release the damn heat.

I also tested the Xpal Harry II to power the y1 so that I can use the Transit through only one USB port without the power adapter. It has now been exactly six hours (cue the energizer bunny). :D Great deal indeed, now I can use it as transportable in whatever room I'm enjoying TV/videogames/music. It'll be just perfect if it can charge while it powers too.

oh shit thats such a good idea. I should have bought one of those :(

Spent ten hours dealing with my first patient with full-fledged Munchausen’s syndrome (conviniently missing information on the admission paperwork). What a freaking nightmare. On top of a real eating disorder, a supposed botched gastric bypass, thyroid cancer, calcium absorption problems, self-mutilation as a hobby, a seriously tenuous and fragile concept of reality, and a nice opiate and booze addiction, had to deal with the non-stop b.s. medical crapola so she could define herself in her day and feel okay. And to top it off, when she was admitted on Friday, she claimed to be a Penguins fan, and her nonsense caused me to miss the game. I really got to help her with her priorities. She's clearly messed up, but so much so that you have to cater to it to avoid potential legal ramifications. Dropped her off at the hospital for some stat bloodwork on calcium levels on my way out the door. That should keep her happy for a least a day.

Rubbing my arm all day due to the spill I took taking a cliff too fast on a mountain bike trial. =[ I ended up in the bushes.

Old bikers mantra:

If you made it through that last corner you weren't trying hard enough :D

Enjoy the gravel rash, it'll bring back fond memories.

Hah, the fall wasn't too bad. It was the thorns that got me good. I was just happy I had my Under Armour on. It prevented most of the scraps I would have had, except for my wrist (where I rolled my sleeve up because it was getting too hot) and a bit on my left side (where the thorns got through my UA). Sweat pants helped too, but I don't ever plan to wear them again. Shorts + baseball socks should be an equivalent for protection.

Rubbing my arm all day due to the spill I took taking a cliff too fast on a mountain bike trial. =[ I ended up in the bushes.

At least you didn't do an endo, and more importantly didn't break any carbon fiber gear.

Today I spent an hour and a half demo'ing a Meridian 808.2, mated to a pair of Aesthetix monoblocks driving a pair of Magico M5s, and a very nice demo it was. This was some of the best speaker audio I have heard in a long long time. When I heard the Magico bookshelfs last year I was unimpressed, especially for the huge amount of dough they were asking for the pair, but these M5s kick ass!

The sound stage was wide, deep with both the musicians and instruments very clearly playing on a 3D stage. Though I have only experienced about three different models of Meridians in the past all of them reminded me a bit of digital zombies, not very life like. This 808.2 seemed much more lifelike in the reproduction to me. All the instruments whether flute, double bass or brushes on the drums, delivered a fast attack yet with the piano notes the decay was just like a live jazz club session.

Great way to blow an afternoon in traffic too.