What did you do today?

riceboy

Heading out for my folks' house for Thanksgiving with 40 family members and friends. Both my parents, all five of my siblings, probably 10 or 11 of my nieces/nephews with various BFs/GFs in tow, my two kids, my wife, her sister's family and at least one other orphaned family. That's a lot to be thankful for right there!

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been reading about this. Inflation is 230 million percent. Once it got to banknotes of trillions, they took 27 zeros off. Then later they took another 12 zeros off. Currently around 400 zimbabwean dollars per US dollar. For the next few minutes anyway.

Interestingly, when I was there about 8 years ago, the street value for US dollars was about 10-15 times the official value. The gov't wanted things to look better than they really were. Plus, different 'vendors' offered significantly different rates, so you really had to know where to go to get the best rate. We just gave our money to our host to exchange for us. We'd get 10-15 times the official rate back in Zim Dollars and a receipt documenting the transaction at the much lower official rate.

Edit: Oh yeah, and agree that your daughter is gorgeous!

x3! That's not a face for radio, but congrats to her nonetheless.

Cheers

Thanks everone! She's actually still at acting school doing "Acting for Radio, Film and Television" - so she should get the opportunity to do much more than radio, although her real passion is for stage acting. My wife and I are a bit bewildered where precisely she gets her looks from.

Stretch, that is beautiful. Needless to say, I have to leave Florida before I can see anything close to that. Well, other then the pics Peter likes to text me from whatever awesome National Park he happens to be visiting. I have to get out of this place. :palm:

Dan, at least you aren't getting the 10pm games. I guess that comes in a few years when they are older.

Thanks everone! She's actually still at acting school doing "Acting for Radio, Film and Television" - so she should get the opportunity to do much more than radio, although her real passion is for stage acting. My wife and I are a bit bewildered where precisely she gets her looks from.

:rofl: Hopefully she got the best of both ;D I'm rather sure she'll have the chance to do whatever suits her best, which is way more than most people, specially in the show biz. Congrats Craig!

It really could be worse, your son could wrestle and then you might have to sit in a warm sweaty gym for 4 or more hours for a tournament.

Or even better, be on a swim team. You get to spend 5-6 hours in a warm, humid building, waiting for your kid (or brother in my case) to swim in few events totaling no more than 10 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk