What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Went to Customs and cleared my new TV today.

First cost was about $4,200 for the TV and an extra pair of 3D glasses, plus another $600 for the Chief wall mount. If I lived in the US, that would be the end of the story, plus I would get to take advantage of up to $300 worth of free calibration and other post-sale services from Best Buy.

Final cost was a little over $7k after paying to have it crated up and delivered to the dock in Tampa ($475), shipping and insurance to Cayman ($509), import duty at 22% ($1,055), port fees ($75), and delivery to my house ($150).

Headphones are so much easier to smuggle in!

First cost was about $4,200 for the TV and an extra pair of 3D glasses, plus another $600 for the Chief wall mount. If I lived in the US, that would be the end of the story, plus I would get to take advantage of up to $300 worth of free calibration and other post-sale services from Best Buy.

Final cost was a little over $7k after paying to have it crated up and delivered to the dock in Tampa ($475), shipping and insurance to Cayman ($509), import duty at 22% ($1,055), port fees ($75), and delivery to my house ($150).

:kitty: