What did you do today?

riceboy

Wonderful day so far. The patients were kept out of the office so we could catch up on documentation. I managed to complete 9.5 hours of required CEU's in 45 min. thanks to online classes and the ability to just click through the actual info and straight to the tests, which were designed for people with an IQ of 80. Attended and zoned out at a lunchtime focus group meeting with free food, and learned that August was our most successful financial month in our 20-year history. Considering the economy, the fact we're private pay only with fees running folks about $750 a day for a minimum commitment of 84 days, and that we're bringing more folks in every day, it's all good. I'm still not caught up with my documentation, but skipping out early for a doc appointment. Not bad at all.

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. I managed to complete 9.5 hours of required CEU's in 45 min. learned that August was our most successful financial month in our 20-year history. Considering the economy, not bad at all.

Congrats! That's really good. I'm not aware of a similarly successful program anywhere in Chicagoland. Seems most of them are closing or being bought/sold around here.

What online site do you use for those CEU's? I need about 70 hours by next spring! I have a couple of sites I use, but get sick of them after a few courses, and need something new.

What online site do you use for those CEU's? I need about 70 hours by next spring! I have a couple of sites I use, but get sick of them after a few courses, and need something new.

Company pays for unlimited courses here: Essential Learning - Interactive E-Learning and Customized E-learning for behavioral health and human service organizations Distance Learning

Have used these before as they're accepted by the Florida Certification Board:

Continuing Education Credit For Counselors And Addiction Professionals - Addiction Counselor CE

CeuUniversity

and a few others I can't think of at the moment. I need to finish a 60-hr certification on compulsive gambling, but here's how stupid I am: I've done all the requirements for my CAP, including the 6000 work hours, 300 supervision hours, all the education, etc., and actually completed all of it a few years ago, even paid my monies for the process, blah blah etc., and l I have to do is take the stupid written and oral state exams, but never seem to get around to it. Now that Matt lives in Tallahassee, it might make getting my butt up there to take the tests a little more worthwhile in my mind.

EDIT: so getting mildly interested in this again, I just looked up info and saw that somewhere between 2009 and now, they've eliminated the oral exam. It also looks like the written one is offered at least a couple times a year in North Miami and in West Palm Beach. I have no excuses left.

Edited by boomana

Your legitimate excuse is that certification tests SUCK!!!! Hate 'em with a passion!!!! I only took mine because if I didn't, no insurance company would pay me.

Looks like that site doesn't have medical CME's. Oh well, I'll keep slogging away with the ones I have, thanks anyway!

Your legitimate excuse is that certification tests SUCK!!!! Hate 'em with a passion!!!! I only took mine because if I didn't, no insurance company would pay me.

Looks like that site doesn't have medical CME's. Oh well, I'll keep slogging away with the ones I have, thanks anyway!

I'll ask our docs what ones they use. Do you have specific board requirements?

I'll ask our docs what ones they use. Do you have specific board requirements?

American Board of Psychiatry. I've been using the freebie ones, so I can't really complain. I think I've found one I like -www.cmeonly.com - a bunch of Johns Hopkins docs read all the journals for me, spoon feed me the info, then I take a quiz. Probably worth the money. I used to go to enough conferences to meet the requirements, but it's been harder since I became a parent. If you find out anything, great, but don't go out of your way ... :)

Spent several hours digging through the Squeezebox Server and CustomBrowse code to figure out a solution to a fairly weird UTF8 decoding bug that only occurs in very specific conditions. All so I could get some Czech composers' names to display correctly in the CustomBrowse menus. I need a beer. :palm:

I changed out most of the parts on a toilet today, and actually got everything to work! The flush value, filler valve, flapper, shut off valve, and even the water line that runs from the shut off valve to the toilet. I honestly didn't know that I had it in me to do this kind of work. Of course it took about 3 hours, whereas anyone with even a basic inkling of what to do could have done it in a half hour.

I think I'll do the same for the other two toilets in the house just to upgrade them and as a measure of preventative maintenance. They still have the old fashioned floater things and the shut off valve that you have to twist around several times instead of the more modern 1/4 turn shut off. These things I'm learning...

Spent several hours digging through the Squeezebox Server and CustomBrowse code to figure out a solution to a fairly weird UTF8 decoding bug that only occurs in very specific conditions. All so I could get some Czech composers' names to display correctly in the CustomBrowse menus. I need a beer. :palm:
bowdown.gif