What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i woke up and got too hungry to eat is all. then extremeties start to tingle and cant hold down food. ive had it a few times before. 10 hours later ive successfully held down a slice of pizza wohoo

actually, vanilla ice cream + orange gatorade tastes like an orange creamsicle on the way up.

Did lights at a riverside pallet (fire) party. Got dust and sand all over my gear. Did an early AM sunrise dub set, which was awesome, but... (A) the local idiot reggae DJ got on the mic and yapped over half my tracks. he was so excited that someone else was playing (dub) reggae that he had to jibber about it endlessly. (B) the site owner shut down the music 2 hours early meaning my set got seriously truncated.

Went to bed at noon, got up at 5PM. It's going to take me all week to recover from the weekend.

Found out DJ DevNull, the only non-asshat DJ at the local goth night, and an avid laserist, commited suicide late last month. :-\

Right now I am seriously considering buying a new bottle of Scotch.

Close, but he got out and was returned by my neighbor about an hour later. That was before I left for Indiana. I just didn't notice he was wounded until I got back, and I didn't even pick up on it for a couple days after that. :(

Cats will do that. Back when Enigma went outside (and regularly fought with Sophie from next door) there were a couple occasions when she got wounds we couldn't see, even when we looked for them. Then they suddenly get infected. The vet says they get infected most of the time. We took to keeping antibiotic pills on hand. After giving her a pill, the wounds on us were usually pretty easy to see. Now that she stays indoors, life is much easier.

Finally getting back into the head-case swing after fixing my internet so it will stay on for more than a few seconds. Had to re-ground the cable properly, the installer just stuck a clamp on the painted meter box... f-ing brilliant. Now it's grounded in with the outlet where all the electronics are plugged in, so no ground loop hums.

Renewed my drivers license today. New Florida rules require that you bring a social security card and birth certificate along with two proofs of address. Realized that I didn't have either of the first two and just having moved (and having no internet) made it a nightmare to deal with. Enjoy my $75, idiots at DHSMV.

Rest of the day should be uneventful. Might head down to Fermentation Lounge this evening, saw on their facebook that they put on a keg of Brooklyn Buzz Bomb last night, sounds interesting.

Bummer, V. I hope the inmates don't riot when the backup generator fails and their doors spring open! Oh, wait, that was Shutter Island. Just watched it on the plane the other day. :/

Sorry about the sting, Dinny. I almost died from a bee sting as a kid. We had a bottlebrush plant in the front yard and used to catch bees in our hands and shake them up and then watch them flounder drunkenly until they shook it off and then wanted to kill us. I had an allergic reaction to the sting and couldn't breath as my throat swelled and I went into Anaphylactic shock. They got me to a doctor and a shot of epinephrine or something. Never had a sting as a youth again but as an adult I got stung and didn't go into shock or die.

Happy Audeze Day, Shelly. Have fun. :)

My parents' place has what can only be(e) described as a bee infestation. You know how folks were saying that all the bees had disappeared. Well, they're at my parents' place in East Hampton having a grand old time. The odd thing--at least to this city slicker--is that the fuckers are living in holes in the lawn(!). Is that normal? The first two holes I blasted with hornet/wasp deadly poison, then put a shovel full of dirt over the hole "entrances." They didn't seem to like that much, but the deadly poison seemed to keep them in check, and the activity around those holes ceased.

The next day I found another beewaspnesthole in the damn lawn. This one seemed even more active. But I was out of bee deadly poison, so I decided to flood their hole (while giggling of course). I would have used gasoline but I was afraid. Anyway, after what I thought was sufficient flooding, I then did the old close up the hole trick. Perhaps they had a meeting the night before because they were ready this time and one of them got me good. I later noticed that the small spade/shovel I was using was hollow, I think (certainly not HC-certified). My theory is that a ninja bee sneaked up that damn shovel and injected me with poison right down into my thumb bone. I jumped up and down, howling in pain, shrieking obscenities in front of 4 children. I slammed down the stupid out of spec shovel, whined to my wife, and put ice on my thumb. Then I had a beer and watched roughly 300,000 bees claim the shovel as their own.

I won a battle. And I definitely lost the war.