What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not a goddamn thing. Started driving North, and right after Maryland house ran into stop-and-go traffic. Decided I did not take the day off to sit in stop-and-go traffic, so turned around, stopped by a beer place that I had been meaning to check out, and went home. Then went and saw Predators.

My footprint was huge today. Sorry, global warming.

Mike, my condolences.

Me: heat turning up on project at work, but it will be done in a week. Have gone riding (bike) every night after work for 20-30 mins (5-8 miles). Up to averaging 16 to 18 mph, but bike path can slow things down. Have to be mindful of the kids, walkers, joggers, etc. I'm sure this is not up to Chris' (dreadhead) standards :) Haven't seen him around here for a bit, hope all is ok.

Edited by Pars

Daughter's graduation ceremony yesterday, which was very good.

Stupidly hot (for the UK) at 32C (90F), made much worse because we don't do room airconditioning to any great extent here, so the large and sealed marquee was a solar powered oven. The car was a blissful relief by comparison.

Today off to see Die Meistersingers with Bryn Terfel in Birminham. Typical Wagner epic-length opera - starts at 4pm and ends at 10pm with two intervals.

Spent the day slathering aloe on my sunburn and staying out of the sun.

Sorry to hear that you are sunburned Shelly. I suggest that you also take aspirin or ibuprofen (acetominophen won't do it) as they both reduce pain and swelling, the two main symptoms of a sunburn.

The lighter skinned people suffer from the mighty Sun, even with the best protection you have to be careful. (I could get arrested for saying so in some places) Sorry for you pain Shelly.

Sent two packages via US Postal Service and went to the bank to make a deposit.

Ouch. Sorry for the burn Shelly. Aloe is great stuff.

Visited family today. Took my youngest daughter and her husband out for lunch. Italian restaurant with surprisingly good food. Had a nice visit and borrowed one of their books to read this week while on vacation. Mom wanted to go to her favorite restaurant so off we went. Family style food in a simple presentation, but always tasty. Had a nice visit and then headed off to see my sister and her husband. He just had a one foot section of his colon removed but seems to be recovering nicely. Has just resumed eating whole foods so we didn't tempt him with any. Stopped by for ice cream on the way home and had a German Chocolate Slurry. Yum!

Dog was glad to see us and romped around the back yard for about an hour. Now I'm just relaxing from our travels today and glad we took the time to see everyone.

Thanks for all the sympathy on the sunburn and suggestions. I can handle the pain but what really upsets me is that I stayed in the shade (under an rented umbrella) except when I was in the water. Each time I went in the water, I put on lots of "waterproof" 55 SPF sunblock. I guess I just need to buy a UV protection rash guard to wear at the beach. Oh well, enough complaining.

Got the Pico Slim and DAC from Bryan! :)

Sorry for the burn Shelly, next time try a beach burkah.:P

Mary is out with the gals doing a girlie classmate reunion sleepover in the Palisades so daddy is in charge :indra: Everyone is sworn to secrecy here in the house or there will be no breakfast, and daddy is hitting it hard. I have the stereo cranked up to loader than it has ever been sharing my music preferences with the neighbors, the Pinot is toast and watching the sunset. I need a Dinny call, Sauternes or Armagnac, which is it Dinny?

last year around the same time, underwent 2 surgeries for chondrosarcoma. found out today that its back in 2 other places - 1 very close to the lymph nodes in my neck. spent the rest of the day trying to forget the meeting with the doctor in the morning.

fun day.

Sorry to hear that, take care of yourself and good luck with the upcoming surgery.:(

Sounds fun Greg. :)

It will be as long as everyone keeps the secret.

" What police report? Honestly nothing happened. Who you going to believe, me or your lying eyes?"

Edited by Augsburger

Woke up early today and traveled to the East Bay for a morning at the Sheriff's Dept. shooting range. My buddy's father is a the Range Master and a long-time Reserve Sheriff. We were met by a SWAT sergeant and shooting instructor who brought some amazing weapons.

web.jpg?ver=12788288330001

web.jpg?ver=12788288810001

web.jpg?ver=12788289280001

That's one 40mm "less lethal" launcher, two HK MP5 SDs, one M4 carbine, one HK G36C, and two tactical pump action shotguns. Several had the EOTECH sights and those were really nice once you learned to look with both eyes. There's also a flashbang distraction device that we exploded. We also had two Sig handguns, one shorter and one longer. I fired all of them, although I did not get to throw the flashbang. With the shotguns, we used both double ought buck (8 pellets of .33 guage) and also slug rounds that is a single rifled lead slug with serious stopping power.

Here is the flashbang after it exploded.

web.jpg?ver=12788289630001

Here are some action shot from my fine shooting:

web.jpg?ver=12788290460001

web.jpg?ver=12788290200001

We also got to fire full auto and I did it with both the M4 and the MP5. That was fucking cool, and I want to do that again. There are some videos, so if I can get it figured out I will post them. Good times with lead.