What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bus home from Boston, got the absolute last seat open on a heavily overbooked bus, right next to some huge woman of course but at least I will get home. Grandfather is back in sinus rhythm, finally came out of afib early this morning, so that is good.

On the bus home from Boston, got the absolute last seat open on a heavily overbooked bus, right next to some huge woman of course but at least I will get home. Grandfather is back in sinus rhythm, finally came out of afib early this morning, so that is good.

Try not to move around too much, asphyxiation is bad for you. I hope the best for your grandfather. Both of mine are dead, and I never even met one of them.

Unfortunately, I believe the condition you fine folks are suffering from is called "adulthood."

I can't wait for adulthood. What I'm suffering from now is a distinct lack of it.

@Colin ... You have an Irish grandpap in Boston? We may be related. I knew there was a reason I let you win that arm wrestle at cj ... Hope the fat lady didn't squash you ... We must compare bus stories some day.

@mpi ... Adults are over rated ... Don't be in such a hurry. :)

Got back from my internet free weekend away. Didn't feel it's loss, as it was replaced with great friends, great food, and great weather. The scenery wasn't too shabby.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3337[/ATTACH]

On the way there and back, we indulged ourselves at Wild Flour Bread Bakery - Wood Fired Brick Oven Baked Bread - Wildflour Freestone

[ATTACH=CONFIG]3340[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3338[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3339[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]3341[/ATTACH]

On the way there, managed to get there in time before the Sticky Buns ran out (to take with us - it makes great French toast :) ) .

Shared a Lavender Ginger White Chocolate, and Chocolate Coconut Almond Marzipan Scone with Joanne over Tea and Coffee.

On the way back stocked up with (for the week ahead) ,and sampled over coffee, the

White Chocolate and Cranberry, The Mocha and Cream Cheese, and the Apricot Orange Scones. As Joanne said, This place should not be allowed to exist! :)

post-548-12951157715049_thumb.jpg

post-548-12951157716734_thumb.jpg

post-548-12951157718006_thumb.jpg

post-548-12951157719572_thumb.jpg

post-548-12951157720897_thumb.jpg

Grahame .. screw Al, I'm staying with you and Jo next time west. Sounds like a lovely unplugged few days. That's how I feel when in Maine and northern New England (ME, NH, VT, NY state, and Atlantic Canada. Very old world (at least for us colonies). real, and authentic. Flowers, bees, children's smiles, ocean views, farmer's harvests, bounty of the sea, and all that ...

Congrat Guillaume!

Duggeh, glad to hear that your diving right in there.

Colin, glad to hear your Grandfather is doing better!

MPI, I concur with the not growing up too early thing. I certainly didn't notice any glaring character flaws, and you're a really fun guy, so I think you're doing just fine.

Dusty, where in AK are they bound for? Permanant residence, or just a vacation?

If she needs anything at all please let me know. I have some lifelong friends that are truley wonderful people, that would be more than happy to help her with anything if needed. I'm sure she'll do just fine, but it's nice to know an old sourdough or two.

One of my best friends is a retired Superior Court Judge that knows everyone and everthing in Anchorage, and he loves to pass along tidbits to newcomers when ever he can. He runs a really nice Bed and Breakfast downtown too (if needed).

Worked through meetings all morning, mindless drivel in the afternoon. Just got home, it's 92 on the first floor of the house, line voltage is running ~114VAC and it's just too hot to do anything. The internets says it feels like 102 out, I believe it.

Sorry to hear that Nate. I'm all too familiar with the hot weather way too early this year. I'm just hoping to survive August and September. No A/C at the jobsite for another week or so, and it's putting everyone on edge.

Hang in there!

The wrap protecting my knuckle migrated over the top of the surgical wound leaving it exposed. My only instructions were to keep it dry. Apparently I need to protect the integrity of the wrap on my finger as well. Went in to have it rewrapped.

Third day in a row with temps at or exceeding 90 degrees. Not as bad as some of you have experienced but unusual here in West Michigan.

Sorry to hear that Nate. I'm all too familiar with the hot weather way too early this year. I'm just hoping to survive August and September. No A/C at the jobsite for another week or so, and it's putting everyone on edge.

Hang in there!

It's not that bad, Steve, thankfully there isn't anything that I have to do outside. One good thing the heat has done, just about kill my lawn despite having an irrigation system. The back yard, which is almost totally unprotected from shade is just scorched.

Internet says 98 here, realfeel 103. Definitely believe it. 91 in my bedroom, a bit better in the living room with this underpowered 5000btu unit. A bigger one is going to show up later this week, might end up with the huge 12000btu unit. Sheesh, missing my basement bedroom right about now, always ran 10F cooler than the rest of the house.