What did you do today?

riceboy

Yesterday I worked straight through from 7 to 3, ran some errands on the way home and started mowing at 4. Finished mowing at 8, ate a quick dinner, started baking cupcakes and a birthday cake for Lily's party (today). Finished baking and icing the cake and cleaning the kitchen at 12:30. Got up with Lily at 6:30 this morning, woke Mom up at 8 and then started setting up tents and chairs in the back yard. So very, very tired already. I wonder if snorting icing would help?

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I decided that I would do the cooking for fathers day. Probably a mistake but the food will be better. Smoking some spare ribs using a different mop, rub and sauce then I have been using. Prepared the mop and rub and the BBQ sauce is next after I finish my cigar.

Happy birthday to Lily! Congrats to Shelly for getting that stuff done.

I had a Wind Mitigation Inspection of my house today. Keeping my fingers crossed that it will lower my windstorm insurance significantly. The inspector said that 15-20% isn't uncommon. After the inspection fee, I'm really hoping for 20%. :-\

I then went to the Apple Store and exchanged my dead ipad for a new one, and was quite surprised that they A) Had one and B) gave it to me. When I called yesterday, they said that wasn't going to happen. I've been playing with it ever since. What a great little toy, though I can't quite deal with the keyboard yet.

Well, I did a bit of climbing/hiking:

dsc5910.jpg

dsc5893.jpg

Then had a great meal at the gourmet gas station (aka the Whoa Nellie Deli):

dsc5949.jpg

For the first time in 20 months (before my big accident of 2009), I lived up to my HC user name. Today I rode my Guzzi for 4 hours, through Ojai and up 33. 33 is one of the great motorcycling roads of the world. I really had missed it.

Nice! I haven't been down that road in ages. I'll have to make a run sometime this summer, as a send-off my current set of tires! :D

Then had a great meal at the gourmet gas station (aka the Whoa Nellie Deli):

dsc5949.jpg

Mmm, meat loaf.

Nice! I haven't been down that road in ages. I'll have to make a run sometime this summer, as a send-off my current set of tires! :D

Feel free to drop by when you do.

Nice pics as always, Peter. The Tioga gas station in Lee Vining is an odd place for gourmet food but it's truly great. We ate there when I stayed at June Lake a couple years ago.

Be sure to check out the Silver Lake resort the next time you're in that area. The food is a bit more ordinary, but certainly still quite delicious, and the view has Lee Vining beat:

slrh.jpg

So where are the obligatory Highest Pass in CA / Mono Lake Pictures?, you know

How's this one (from a different trip):

dsc2049.jpg

Mono lake as seen from the 13,000ft summit of Mount Dana.

Feel free to drop by when you do.

I'll hold ya to that one! ;)