What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good: Ok... so 45 minutes ago I kinda got into it with the wife in a public place over her alcoholism, as she was hanging out with her drinking buddies.

Good: I have a big band gig from 3:00-4:15pm tomorrow.

Bad: I have a call for a concert in a different band across town at 4:30pm tomorrow.

Good: I drive ridiculously fast.

Wait, is this the good:bad / +/- thread? Bah, close enough. Just take the other parts and imagine I'm writing them tomorrow evening.

**BRENT**

Edit: Forgot one...

Good: 2 saxophone gigs in one day

Bad: My chops are gonna be shot by the middle of the second concert.

Edited by MexicanDragon

Now that means that I'll have to buy all his other stuff - which is just fine ;D
[enabler]Glad I could help![/enabler]

You could do worse than The Diamond Age and Snowcrash. I have -- but have not read -- Anathem yet, so take that with a grain of salt. Easily one of my favorite authors.

PS The fourth storyline was supposed to be the earliest, but is not the Baroque Cycle nor any part of it. But I get the feeling the one involved into the other.

That looks beautiful.

It is a truly classy piece of work. Just like its builder! :)

There's some rather trick stuff in the PS to enable even a moron like me to safely switch over from 115V to 230V when necessary.

Sounds very good. Different signature from the KGSS. Haven't had enough time to really put my finger on it yet.

Haven't had enough time to really put my finger on it yet.

Be sure the case is open when you do! :P

Do you have a slight imbalance that you're compensating for? I see the right volume is adjusted slightly higher.

Do you have a slight imbalance that you're compensating for? I see the right volume is adjusted slightly higher.

Yup. I feel like I have some hearing loss on the right side. Audiologist says it's fine, but what does she know? :)

That's why we did it dual mono. I need one click more on the right side to center the sound stage in my head.

As the tall man mentioned, I ventured south today to drop off a package. Somehow I left with another package, but I've learned not to question these things. Also shared a fine pint (or two) with my generous host before trudging back north, we figured it was good training for my liver for the coming week's activities.

We also managed to spruce up the aforementioned KGSS so it will no longer have to suffer the indignity that was its previously dented top panel. Funny that I'd be working on one of Shelly's amps today, and not even the one that she sent to me to be worked on. Again, I've learned it is best not to question the twisted ways in which head-case works.

Very nice stretch!

We also managed to spruce up the aforementioned KGSS so it will no longer have to suffer the indignity that was its previously dented top panel. Funny that I'd be working on one of Shelly's amps today, and not even the one that she sent to me to be worked on. Again, I've learned it is best not to question the twisted ways in which head-case works.

I like this. :) I think I need to send Nate a package... what to send?

Edited by shellylh

Awesome looking amp, enjoy it.

Nothing exciting down here, replaced the water line, main valve, flapper valve, and handle on the toilet. Yeah it was a fun way to spend my b-day, but at least "she who must be obeyed" is happy. Now enjoying a good bottle of fortified "vino".