What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's crap Vicki. After having lived in Sydney for 5 years I'm fanatically paranoid about where all my valuable possessions are when I'm out and about, even though I live in a country where you can leave your car running while you go shopping and it, and it's contents will still be there after you get back. I've heard so many similar stories about iphones going missing that mine is either in my hand, a zipped pocked or pouch and never gets put down, anywhere public.

My work finally redeemed itself where before they had hired a full-time teacher to take over all the classes of the one that quit, instead of giving the classes to us other teachers, which we were in desperate need of. The new teacher couldn't handle all the driving (honestly! I swear Japan attracts serious slackers) so now not only have I got all the classes I need, I was offered more, including two highly sought-after school positions. Other than that, the little one spent half the day at her grandparents house, where her grandmother played with her non-stop, so I arrived to find a 20-month old (as of tomorrow) so high from excitement that she screamed hello at me. She crashed so hardcore in the car on the way home I could lift her out without her waking up (otherwise impossible). She climbed up the stairs to the fifth floor by herself yesterday too, which is pretty good going considering she usually bails out after one flight.

Setlist from Houston (found this here, seems about right).

[First set: The Incident]

Occam's Razor

The Blind House

Great Expectations

Kneel and Disconnect

Drawing the Line

The Incident

Your Unpleasant Family

The Yellow Windows of the Evening Train

Time Flies

Degree Zero of Liberty

Octane Twisted

The S

Spent a good bit of time yesterday setting up some webpages that pull in results from online forms, so that I dont have to provide periodically updated access tables to people on their whim, and since the data was being put back into page form for 'the important people' to see.

After sending the page format results out today, it is immediately followed by a 'oh noes, can we still have an access table format instead", despite my very clear email explaining precisely that yesterday. :palm:

All this from the same people who wanted more updates, bells and whistles.

I guess I need to light an accelerant to the hoop before jumping through it next time.

Sorry about your bad day, Vicki. The upside is that today will almost certainly be better.

Which it was. Thanks, Ken. I gave Walgreens my phone number on the long shot that my phone might turn up, and I got a call about 4:30 this afternoon. Apparently a kid (I have no idea how old) showed up at home with my phone and told his mother he found it at Walgreens, so she dragged him there to bring it back. I have no idea who she is, or I most certainly would have given her a reward. That doesn't happen much these days, and this Walgreens is not in a good neighborhood.

Anyone want to buy a gently used 16g 3G iphone?

Or get almost kilt!Setlist? Nvrmnd, I can look up recent ones onlines somewhere, I'm sure. I'm just curious what to look forward to in May (Richmond). Yes, I am seeing them yet again.

WANT to go. Probably shouldn't, though... Tuesday night, and it's right around finals...

Congrats on getting your iPhone back boomana. You could return your new one and go back to your old one, as an option (unless your new one isn't new).