What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll find out more tomorrow at 1:30 evidently. Thanks for all the well wishes, I'm trying not to come across as a giant drama queen.

And Stretch, no worries, I'm a dandy on crutches.

Dude, you're not going to get terrible news the day before your birthday! March birthdays rule and there is an extra added buffer of protection against negative waves during the actual month, let alone week! Keeping fingers crossed, but seriously don't even think about not hobbling your ass to Boston. I will pick you up and load your [and my :)] shit myself if necessary. Others would obviously do the same.

Dude, you're not going to get terrible news the day before your birthday! March birthdays rule and there is an extra added buffer of protection against negative waves during the actual month, let alone week! Keeping fingers crossed, but seriously don't even think about not hobbling your ass to Boston. I will pick you up and load your [and my :)] shit myself if necessary. Others would obviously do the same.

x2.

A. There is no chance of a no show in Boston. I'll rope Ian into helping me load my gear if need be but I should be ok.

B. The news will be what it is and it'll be ok regardless.

No real news from Doc visit today other than there's no obvious damage. Most likely culprit is bruised or torn meniscus. I'm going to meet with a radiologist some time in the next few days to see if an MRI can be done given the screws I already have in there (which I really need to get a picture of). The two Docs who looked at my X-Rays today think that it should be able to provide meaningful info and I'd vastly prefer that to exploratory surgery.

No real news from Doc visit today other than there's no obvious damage. Most likely culprit is bruised or torn meniscus. I'm going to meet with a radiologist some time in the next few days to see if an MRI can be done given the screws I already have in there (which I really need to get a picture of). The two Docs who looked at my X-Rays today think that it should be able to provide meaningful info and I'd vastly prefer that to exploratory surgery.

Well that's certainly better news than being told you need to have some major work done. Hopefully it will end up being as simple as that.

Also, take solace in the fact that you (most likely) don't have any Grey pubes. I'm still pissed as hell! :D

I have my xrays in the morning. Good thing I went out drinking tonight.

Wish you the best Nate.

Today was absolutely beautiful here (sunny and 71)! I did a bunch of work in the backyard and atrium (getting rid of all the dead leaves...). In the middle of the yard work, the nice FedEx man dropped off my Namaan (via Mike) B22! :D Awesome. Finished off the day barbequeing (sp?) steaks and hamburgers for the family (my mom and my husband's parents are visiting for the week). Overall, a really nice day.

Got x-rays, saw the doc. He said knee is pretty swollen. I thought, "no shit, Sherlock." Blood work and MRI next, but need to wait for new insurance card since we are on Mrs. Monkey's plan at her brand new job. :palm:

1. Here's to hoping the MRI just shows irritation.

2. Glad Mrs. Monkey found gainful employment again so soon.

Got x-rays, saw the doc. He said knee is pretty swollen. I thought, "no shit, Sherlock." Blood work and MRI next, but need to wait for new insurance card since we are on Mrs. Monkey's plan at her brand new job. :palm:

These are two good reasons to drink tonight! Celebrating Mrs. Monkey being a rock star in a terrible job market will be more fun, but I find the numbing qualities of certain rye whiskies to be quite soothing. :laugh: See you tonight, Dinny! Too bad Jeff is out with clients and hookers in Fla. I'll drink his share but I hope it doesn't make me try to gain head-control over anyone.