What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My better half whipped my butt.

Get used to it! :)

I wrangled the kids all day, again, as the wife has had to work all weekend on the world's biggest shit-sandwich of an IPO. As a bonus, she has precisely fuck-all skin in this particular game and all of the douchebags who are making bank on it are disporting themselves in Nantucket and the Vineyard right now. I hope your Range Rovers fall off the ferry, jerks.

Played golf for the first time since surgery 8 weeks ago, and got to drink IPA while doing it. Parred the first two holes (should have birdied the 2nd) and a couple of others, but need to do some work at the range. All in all a great way to spend the day.

Played golf for the first time since surgery 8 weeks ago, and got to drink IPA while doing it. Parred the first two holes (should have birdied the 2nd) and a couple of others, but need to do some work at the range. All in all a great way to spend the day.

Good to hear that Chris!

The desk and cabinet we moved was about 2/3 the size of the one in the pic. I had the back of the chair against the desk where you would sit. As a result of moving it, I gained about 3' in length to my listening area.

Nice, Mike! I was going to write something about gaining in length but this is a family forum, after all. :) I hope Duggeh enjoys taking over your room!

Spent ~5 hours chasing down a channel issue in my truck stereo; right speaker going in and out. Had the center console in pieces and the source all the way out. Found and fixed problem, re-dressed wires, and re-tuned. System is about 10 years old but still kicks butt.

System is an Alpine 7949, ADS P4100.2 20th Anniversary Powerplate for the front driving ADS 336is; ch 3-4 bridged for the sub, and a P240.2 20 Anniversary driving ADS 4i in back doors for rear fill. All speaker wire was replaced with aftermarket stuff and all doors dynamatted. Stays pretty clean at highway volume (high noise floor in my old 4-Runner).

Was a good tinker day.

Fired up the lathe for the first time in a long time.

Ohhhh, make anything fun?

As for me? Great weekend...

Let the pup off her leash at the beach for the first time. She did great.

Spent Saturday @ Damariscotta Lake, waterskiing for the first time in 10 years and wakeboarding for the first time. Fun day with the girlfriend & friends. Neko got to hang out with some high-energy labs and did well again. Got back laaaaate!

Sunday was an exercise in organization... Moving stuff around, cleaning, throwing stuff away, all to make room for more of the girl's things. This also included moving my headphone rig, which should result in more use. And best of all, the place is coming together.

Today was a lazy morning, followed by lunch with a friend of mine who I see too little of, and a movie. Now just relaxing on the couch.

And best of all? Not dreading going to work tomorrow. Gotta love the new job!

Ohhhh, make anything fun?
Started making something fun, yes, didn't finish anything yet though. I'm hoping to log some time on it this week so pics may be coming sooner rather than later for once.

And best of all? Not dreading going to work tomorrow. Gotta love the new job!

Wish I could say the same.

In late-day activities I managed to dust of the mountain bike and take it for a brief spin around town. Felt good.

Went to the funeral of my boss, who was a mentor and friend for 14 years, a wonderful man who died in a motorcycle accident a couple days ago. Cried and laughed a lot. Came home and went to bed at 4PM. Now it's 4AM and I'm awake. Gonna vacuum up the cat hair all over my house so Duggeh will think my house is always this...er...tidy. I'm really looking forward to just hanging out with good friends this week.