What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stripped apart and rebuilt 2 AMT drivers, removing the flaking, pealing coatings on the magnets which was pressing on the diaphragms. Managed to temporarily destroy one of them in the process :palm:

Be fine once I buy some superglue.

Superglue had better be my best friend too, it was a stupid thing to do. I had taken apart the two pieces of metal and put one down to the side after cleaning the magnets...

.. except i put it down, face down, on top of my pc. Which is steel. And when I tried to pick it off again *shlurp*, panel came away in hand, magnets stuck to pc case.

I wish I'd taken pictures.

Superglue is my best friend.

Loctite is where its at for me......

During my retic work, I had one set of brand new brass fittings that just wouldn't stop leaking. Not much, just a small drop every couple of minutes. Tried with 5 different thicknesses of teflon tape, finger tight, wrench tight, SUPER tight, nothing - all leaked. A dose of Loctite 577 fixed that bitch up reeeeeal quick! :)

I woke up, taught a day of early release for students, attended a faculty meeting involving county budget cuts and the non-renewal of ~1500 contracts after July including my own, then had a beginning teacher meeting to check on my expected growth goals. Finally ended my work day with a trip to the wood center with a purchase order for shop supplies.

On personal time, I applied for teaching at a Tech summer camp, checked on the girlfriend who is still pilled up after dental surgery yesterday removing wisdom teeth from her jaw, and have been keeping tabs on my little brother who I also just found out this afternoon was rushed to the hospital today and was put under the knife for an appendectomy. I should hear back soon on his condition.

In more upbeat news, I got some good maple turning blanks and some African padauk for a NABU enclosure panel that I'm housing my TPA Buffalo DAC in.

On personal time, I applied for teaching at a Tech summer camp, checked on the girlfriend who is still pilled up after dental surgery yesterday removing wisdom teeth from her jaw,

Was it an easy removal ? (vs. my case, waiting too long to get it done- resulting in some extra jawbone cutting needing to be done)

No, you're missing the point. Wall Street fucked things up royally, costing the entire world the next decade or so of productivity. Congress has been cheerfully throwing good money after bad. It is not a binary situation. Much like a guy with an Obama avatar buying a gun.

I'm beginning to think that a_b needs a Rorschach icon. ;D

Congress was complicit in the problems that are causing so much trouble for wall street. Given that bad loans are the foundation on which most of the gains over the last 15 years were built, and the bad loans were encouraged by congress and the "community organizers", I don't think it's unreasonable to put a lot of the blame on washington. We don't have a free market, so it's hard to blame free markets on the problems we're having. In free markets, companies fail, and the market deals. In free markets, people with poor credit don't get loans. People without income don't get loans. The solution isn't 1.7 trillion dollars in pork.