What did you do today?

riceboy

• Replies 11.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started the day shoveling my driveway at 5am. Then drove to work, which took almost an hour instead of the usual 20 minutes. Thankfully, had probably the most productive day at work in weeks. Got home and shoveled the driveway again, then met with another florist for the wedding.

Slowly shepherded the kids back onto local time. Attempted to locate our baggage, which hung up at JFK yesterday while we cabbed across town and sneaked home on the shuttle from La Guardia. Thank goodness the wife's a first-tier carbon criminal and Platinum on just about every domestic carrier.

Installed two hardrives in the desktop, downloaded some bootlegs, pounded some forties, snowblowed the driveway, cleaned the basement, joined the Voltron avatar crew, and did some banking/bill paying, planned to go snowboarding but the RAV was acting up cussing2.gif. Not necessarily in that order.

hit up an AYCE sushi place with some friends before one of the guys heads out for training for awhile. pretty good times, and I hadn't had any sushi in ages (traditional & bastardized).

Drew a huge ass blank though... tried asking for the egg (tamago yaki, simplest explanation is scrambled egg sushi) one via 'masago', with my already horrid English skills the explanation of 'smelt egg' did not clue me in at all. Was able to correct it to 'tamago,' don't know how I managed to mess this up as I've ordered it right growing up with my family, and never once ordered smelt roe, because I don't care for it.

Now I'll remember that a smelt is a type of fish.

Woke up at 11pm after a nap lasted overtime, read papers and listened to R.E.M. until breakfast time. Went to the library, photocopied a bunch of stuff. Saw my supervisor to talk about my dissertation which he said I can now go two ways with, either go for a 1st but if it flops because I've tried to be too clever for my own good it'll get a shit mark, or be pretty safe of a good 2:1.

I'm going to play it safe, if I foul up my dissertation I'll never get into an Mres.

Now its coming up for lunchtime and I'm really tired.

Woke up, went to work, got home early to work on some of my amps. While setting up a PSU I accidentally zapped my thumb with 350+v. :palm: There is a burn mark and everything and I still haven't tested the PSU. Here's hoping I won't be zapped again...