Top Posters In This Topic

what I did last night:

set up a bunch of gear in my hotel room

had dinner

had drinks with a bunch of good folks

went to brickskeller with those folks and a bunch more

had more drinks with the first group plus a few more

slept like a rock

I finally hooked up the Bel Canto to my computer via optical, instead of the usual USB. (Behold the awesome power of procrastination :rolleyes:). Not sure if its any better. I put on a Fleet Foxes song and heard some distortion I never noticed before, but too much for me to have simply overlooked it. Maybe the Bel Canto Dac3 has a crappy optical implementation, or maybe my 680i mobo does. I don't hear anything objectionable w/ the Living Stereo classical I've been ripping today though. I get the feeling I've lost some texture in the violins, but maybe its just not as 'warm' as usual w/ my HD650s. Then again, its picking up amazing texture from what I think is an oboe. Could I really have been that deaf w/ the USB setup I've had for so long :confused:

Also the Oppo Digital redbook has sounded fine to the Bel Canto via optical. :confused:

I'll need to do more listening this week, I guess. Though I may move my 'big rig' back up to my room to use w/ my new computer.

My folks came down today and my dad helped installed new flooring and finished the wainscoting, chair rail & molding in my bathroom. I still need to do a little clean up on the drywall, prime the wood, caulk stuff around the shower and then paint, but it's getting closer to being done. My dad kicks ass.

9:00AM made the espresso, had breakfast--buttermilk/blueberry-granola pancakes, chicken/lemon sausage, bacon.

11:30 On the m-cycle to Berkeley, to the Berkeley Bowl for the weeks groceries (the white peaches, white nectarines, blueberries are fantastic this time of the year). Headed up to the camera shop for supplies.

Got home at 4:00, just in time to see the A's get their asses handed to them by the Bossox, 2-12, fuuuuuck!

Cold soba for lunch, it's a warm one today, mid 80's.

Now I'm heading into the darkroom to do some printing.

Pfff I'm just sitting here being wasted and all..We took my parents out for dinner last night and they ended up spending the night at our place. It was like 5 at night when we finally hit the pillow.

One more dinner tonight (ah life is sooo hard at times :P ) and I can spend the day sleeping at work tomorrow...I 'm really getting old now ;D

got my spectfizer and slamooshed it into the tigstasim. during the rektab part it occured to me that it would be better if the weptec tumblk, rotated about 30 degrees left, would entail much compromise.

it is what it is.

:doghuh:

FFUUCCKKK we just came home from dinner and when we were at the end of our dinner it rained like massively...when we got back home we checked the basement where we're currently working on my new darkroom and it was FLOODED FUCK!!! The walls have just been plastered and covered with plates of gips (<---?) and it's wet now at the part where it touches the ground. Shit ass that's no good.

FFUUCCKKK we just came home from dinner and when we were at the end of our dinner it rained like massively...when we got back home we checked the basement where we're currently working on my new darkroom and it was FLOODED FUCK!!! The walls have just been plastered and covered with plates of gips (<---?) and it's wet now at the part where it touches the ground. Shit ass that's no good.

:sadcat:

I finished a Gainclone to replace (temporarily at least) the Beta22 that I sent out last week. Soldering without tunes = fail. Now, how long it'll take me to cure the ground loop hum in the GC who knows, but for now it's functional enough to get the job done in the basement where ambient noise levels will cover my mistakes nicely. :)

drove the car to a local japanese market, found out their selection of goods had 0 of what I needed. During the drive noticed, the sound proofing of the car has possibly gotten considerably worse, as a result of a recent part swap on the door =/. This was a day packed of fail.