Small desktop speaker stands

Dominatrice

You pretty much need a planer and a jointer to get completely square boards

It's still a risky proposition to assume that you could get two perfectly parallel and square faces.

4x4x8 is a pretty small footprint and isn't going to be all that stable regardless simply do to the raw geometry of it. I'd push it to a 6x6 footprint (hardly larger than the CD stacks he's using) and see what's out there. Shoot, I'd start looking for things like wooden candle stands or anything else that's meant to sit on a tabletop and support light weight. I'm sure there's stuff out there, it's just going to take some non-traditional thinking to find it.

...it's just going to take some non-traditional thinking to find it...
I concur.

Hey, what about:

...getting a pair of "satellite speaker stands", and putting them on the floor behind the desk, so that the speakers are still roughly where they are?

...getting a pair of satellite speaker stands and putting them on the floor in front of the desk, backwards, so that they arc slightly back towards the desired speaker position? Sounds like they'd get in the way of the chair, though.

...get someone like Steve to make you a custom something? Seems like a single pillar version of something like triangular-base/pillar/square-speaker-platform might work.

...a single block of 4x4. If you don't want to worry about parallel surfaces, plan on putting panels of something on either side of the main block, and jimmy it with toothpicks or popsicle sticks or something.

...instead of speaker stands, use something like an angled settee to aim the tweeters up at your ears -- the plane of listening (plane described by your two ears and the two tweeters) doesn't necessarily need to be parallel to the ground. Something like this (only angled up more):

MP.jpg

...although with the size of your speakers, you should be able to angle it up adequately.

I concur.

Hey, what about:

...getting a pair of "satellite speaker stands", and putting them on the floor behind the desk, so that the speakers are still roughly where they are?

...getting a pair of satellite speaker stands and putting them on the floor in front of the desk, backwards, so that they arc slightly back towards the desired speaker position? Sounds like they'd get in the way of the chair, though.

...get someone like Steve to make you a custom something? Seems like a single pillar version of something like triangular-base/pillar/square-speaker-platform might work.

...a single block of 4x4. If you don't want to worry about parallel surfaces, plan on putting panels of something on either side of the main block, and jimmy it with toothpicks or popsicle sticks or something.

...instead of speaker stands, use something like an angled settee to aim the tweeters up at your ears -- the plane of listening (plane described by your two ears and the two tweeters) doesn't necessarily need to be parallel to the ground. Something like this (only angled up more):

MP.jpg

...although with the size of your speakers, you should be able to angle it up adequately.

As you can see here, my desk is fitted into the corner, no way to put stands behind it as its just wall on all sides.

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas....Nate i thought about those wall cubes..but they seem a tad to large for my desk. I took a pic of the poor mans stands =) Also can see how much space im working with =(

Dont even say it...i know, after this pic i decided it was spring cleaning time. Since i spend all my time in this room anyway, besides to sleep =)

desktoplargeza2.jpg

• 1 month later...
Hey guys, thanks for the ideas....Nate i thought about those wall cubes..but they seem a tad to large for my desk. I took a pic of the poor mans stands =) Also can see how much space im working with =(

Dont even say it...i know, after this pic i decided it was spring cleaning time. Since i spend all my time in this room anyway, besides to sleep =)

desktoplargeza2.jpg

off topic but OMG we have the same monitors! 226CW here (same as 226BW.. except made in samsung factories)

hmm maybe I should start thinking about speakers