Small desktop speaker stands

Dominatrice

The awesome Headroom stands for $500. Or I bet swt61 could do something nice and woody for you.

On the more budget end of things, if you can cut wood, the 16" stands from Amazon (marketplace) can be trimmed down to whatever height you like. Or even more budget-conscious is the "get wood, put together" method. Don't ask me how, though, because I'm no woodworker.

Hey guys, thanks for the ideas....Nate i thought about those wall cubes..but they seem a tad to large for my desk. I took a pic of the poor mans stands =) Also can see how much space im working with =(

Dont even say it...i know, after this pic i decided it was spring cleaning time. Since i spend all my time in this room anyway, besides to sleep =)

desktoplargeza2.jpg

The awesome Headroom stands for $500. Or I bet swt61 could do something nice and woody for you.

On the more budget end of things, if you can cut wood, the 16" stands from Amazon (marketplace) can be trimmed down to whatever height you like. Or even more budget-conscious is the "get wood, put together" method. Don't ask me how, though, because I'm no woodworker.

Could you point those out on amazon? Im looking for as cheap as possible....bare wood would be fine as i can stand them the same color as my headphone stand.

The Cheaper the better =) as i havent even paid for the speakers yet..

Hm, the stands themselves are $24 and shipping is $15. I combined a few things from the seller (ANTonline) so it wasn't that bad but for just the stands it might not be so great.

Amazon.com: SANUS SYSTEMS BF-16B 16" Wood Speaker Stands (BF16B): Electronics

I do remember the wall cubes Nate mentions Tyll recommending, and they're nice too. Just little cubes of wood meant to be wall mounted for shelving.

those are cheaper, but they 9x3x9 =( that wont fit my desktop....need something 8x4x4 to fit.

Thanks though

Given your size constraints I'd say that your odds of finding something cheap and commercially available are pretty slim. I think you're going to have to get creative and find something that's the right size but not designed for the job. Example: a couple of bricks would be about the right size, though potentially unstable.

hahahahaha....good one =)

No, my wallet isnt ready for power tools...i have a mikita drill setup...how no way to evenly cut wood, a hand saw is not going to cut the mustard...will size it, but have no belt sander to make it perfectly flat =(

Not to mention im awful with wood ahaha.....

Anyone able to cut wood into blocks? Doesnt need to be finished, just RAW wood would be awesome.
You don't need us. If you buy the wood at Lowe's or Home Depot, you can usually find someone in back to cut it down to size for free. Best thing to do is come with measurements, ask how they want the board marked, then mark it.

Ya, i thought that too.....you think they will be able to get 2 perfectly leveled cuts thought? I think the last time i went there they were using a giant band saw to cut it, which is about as level as me using a hand saw =(

I wonder if i could sneak in the power tool section and use a level table saw eheheh

Ya, i thought that too.....you think they will be able to get 2 perfectly leveled cuts thought? I think the last time i went there they were using a giant band saw to cut it, which is about as level as me using a hand saw =(
The one time I've used the service (additional shelves for a home theater unity thingy), I was happy with it, but I didn't need them to do anything but be not too big not to fit, and not too small to fall off the supports. Because of the speed of the cutting, you can actually get pretty flat cuts with a band saw, methinks. Don't know how accurate, but flat, anyway.

I just went over there and chatted with the guy...they cannot cut it to be perfectly flat on both sides...this isnt going to work since it MUST be completely flat or it will lean to one side.

Also their lumber looks like ass...they have nothing in a nice wood really...all looks like cheap construction lumber.

I just went over there and chatted with the guy...they cannot cut it to be perfectly flat on both sides...this isnt going to work since it MUST be completely flat or it will lean to one side.

Also their lumber looks like ass...they have nothing in a nice wood really...all looks like cheap construction lumber.

You pretty much need a planer and a jointer to get completely square boards