TAD-125 Monoblock Amps

tyrion

sweet pick up, although this company makes me nervous with the tubiness knob on the cd player and the "tube sound" without the tubes on this one. They seem to be well thought of on the boards with little dissent though. Listen carefully between them and the cary though before the trail period is up. They should solve your heat issue though although with the System Audio Rangers you should be on the look out for a top flight amp.

For the same price as these you could pick up a McCormack DNA .05 or 1 and I know those sound great!

Happy listening and report back what you hear.

I have to say those look bitchin'. My Blue Hawaii will have heatsinks on the top like this and it's a great look. Technically, it's stupid and inferior but I think it looks great.

So the Blue Hawaii you are building has heatsinks on top, which is technically stupid and inferior and the TAD-125 has heat sinks on top, is technically stupid and inferior? Or is it only one of the two amps that is technically stupid and inferiror for having headsinks on top? Maybe you can clarify. Also, why is it technically stupid and inferior? I will disagree on the only point I have any technical ability to do so, I'm not so sure heatsinks on top "look bitchin'" but to each his own.

I've been thinking about a McCormick DNA. Let me know when you see one that is a good deal. I figured for $900 and 21 days to try out, I figured there was nothing to lose. I've read very little that wasn't positive about his gear.

Look for a used Bel 1001. I have a pair of MK1s but I am only using 1 in my system now due to space.They can switched internally to monoblock or stereo.

A much better amp then the DNA .05 deluxe I owned before.

Mike the BEL look like they are great amps and while they are up to MK V right now there is an MKI on a-gon for a grand , they look to be $4k amps. Maybe you could bribe Tom to let you audition his spare BEL with your speakers. Sorry to put you on the spot Tom.

Anyway there are tons of HQ options to look at on the used market that in all likelyhood will best the $900 monos.