DAMNIT! Broke my E500

thrice

Well I received a brand spanking new pair of SE530 headphones yesterday via the mail. I sent them out to Shure on 5/14 and received the replacement pair on 5/22. I was jammin' to them on the way to work this morning.

Literally, brand new, with all accessories, box, paperwork...etc. So that's cool. I used the first metal box that the E500 came in for a little battery powered PIMETA I use at work/home. So now I have another....might put a little USB DAC in this one...we'll see.

During the week I was without them though I had the chance to listen to the new pair of Sennheiser PX100. Not bad at all, a great little portable headphone. While isolation was poor, it wasn't as bad as I thought and they did ok on the bus. I'll definitely keep them as a backup or for times when I don't want something in my ears (sometimes I just can't wear IEMs).

sweet! my portables are the PX-100s and the SE530s, i think it's a good pairing.

I do too, for dynamics I've got: HD600, PX100, E500 and ATH-W3000. I think I'm done there (unless of course the mythical HD800 comes out of hiding). There are other cans I'd like to own, but frankly the desire to own multiple cans is seriously looking less and less attractive. I'm considering dumping the HD600 as well and making the W3000 my mine large can, but I do really like the HD600 and it's nice to have an open option....we'll see.

I might try to check out custom molds for the E500, but if I did that, I think I'd rather just go with a UE11.