Nate's Cycling Adventures 2024 - Here I Go Again... Lucky 13 Edition

n_maher

So it's that time of year once again where I call upon the incredible generosity and support of this community to help me raise money for the Kelly Brush Foundation.

Nate's Donation Page

This year is no different than years past, in early September my friends and I will gather in Middlebury, VT to join 800 or so riders for the event. We should have an even bigger team this year with my friend Paul returning from a two-year stint in Poland so it'll be fun to get the whole band back together that started participating in events nearly 20 years ago.  For me this is the 13th year of active participation after a few early years of serving as an event photographer.  Anyway, this year KBF is hoping to raise $1.5M to support individuals with spinal chord injuries to regain an active lifestyle which means I need to get my ass in gear and do my part.  This organization and cause remains something near and dear to me as someone who takes the simple ability to get outdoors and do whatever I like, when I like, somewhat for granted.  But each year, participating in this event helps refocus and recenter my appreciation for those that chose to not be limited by life-altering injuries, illness, etc. The foundation helps people discover adaptive sports and recreation, hosts camps to immerse people in sports and community, and most importantly, provides hundreds of grants per year to people that just want to return to the activities they love.

So as you are able I'd very much appreciate your support.  To sweeten the pot, every $100 donation will get a custom d-_-b laser engraved slate coaster shipped to the address of your choice.  I'm producing the prototype today and will post a picture.

Thanks in advance,
Nate

Last Year's Crew 

KBF.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, n_maher said:

Love you guys, thanks for the quick start.  

Time to head out for a training ride in the balmy 85F/85% humidity. 🥵

We have the easy part! You're the one that does all the work!

And for an excellent cause. Respect! Wish I had more to give.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Voltron said:

Not to disparage your other friends and family, but I noticed that all but one name on the donor list is a HC member. Plus beelee. 😎 

#NFLO 

Disparage away, F&F are slower than molasses so far this year.  Meanwhile, this place continues to carry the water for everyone else. #NFLO 

• Like 3

Thanks, Ric, too kind (seriously). 

F&F finally starting to roll with a few donations last night and Andrew and Lily chipped in this morning. So we're now in striking distance of $2k and well on the way to meeting the goal of $2,500.  

• Like 5

Likely the last long solo before the ride in two weeks, hammered pretty good but tried not to ruin myself given the activities planned for the rest of the day.  Getting close to the fundraising goal now, thanks again largely to this group.  

Screenshot 2024-08-25 at 8.25.43 PM.png

• Like 3