Roon, Just Roon

12 hours ago, justin said:

I've thought about making a pocketable, portable amp for Roon, does anyone have any ideas for a name?

The Rooney (any associations with the band of the same name are purely coindidental).

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

So I finally received my 5m RCA cable so I got the KEF subwoofer hooked up to the LSX ii's

IMG_5429.jpeg

It took a bit of moving stuff around as well as doing other shit like updating software on my two NAS. But this seems like a good initial location. I will definitely be moving it around over the next few weeks. I am also very much more impressed with the KEF Connect app. It made setting up the sub very good and provided initial crossover points and the crossover curve. All it required was the name of the specific KEF sub I was using. It does allow for changing all of those which I may end up doing later. Definitely makes the miniDSP less important at this point. The only thing I do not have is the measurement ability in my specific room. I guess I will use my ears for tweaking for a bit.

EDIT: Actually the hardest part of the setup was finding a place to store the shipping box.

Edited by morphsci
  • Like 8