NKOTB - TTVJ/Millett 307A Headphone Amp

n_maher

aesthetically i'm not amazed; the uncovered trafo's don't really fit with the rest of the look. the front faceplates are pretty good though and black is always a winner.

at least we've got one new big toy for CJ :).

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it looks like a hybrid of sorts -- rs audio (knobs and switches), ec (black and industrial), and ha (gs-1 chassis). and why so many different colored lights, almost like christmas lights. the overall look isn't so bad, and much better than the 307A, which seemed straight up 70s styling. i wonder who is going to shell out $10K for it...

the guts from todd's site:

4596080776_92e4d2c900.jpg

...... is that an RK27 in a $10,000 amp? :o

[EDIT] The description says it has got a DACT, so I don't think the internal photo is of the flagship Pinnacle. It might be of the Apex Peak instead, listed here.

Edited by Beefy
dig up, stupid

...... is that an RK27 in a $10,000 amp? :o

[EDIT] The description says it has got a DACT. I don't think the internal photo is of the right amp.

see for yourself (the heart and soul of the Pinnacle), scroll down, last photo.

APEX Pinnacle [Pinnacle] - $10,000.00 : TTVJ, Home of High End Audio

even the power supply guts seem to match the chassis.

Edited by 909

Sorry, as per my edited edit:

The description says it has got a DACT, so I don't think the internal photo is of the flagship Pinnacle. It might be of the Apex Peak instead, listed here, which does claim to have an RK27. Todd has just got the pics messed up.

It just does not seem wide enough and does not match up with the cased Pinnacle pics. Where are the other two tube sockets? How come the power umbilical is too close. Also, the Pinnacle has moar knobs than that thing has on the front. It must be a mixup with pics of the Peak.

EDIT: Todd confirms that is the Peak and its power supply. He is correcting.

who is coming up with these fucking names?

I'm pretty sure that it was two smart, successful guys. I'm also pretty sure that it didn't take a rhodes scholar to come up with Capitole or Prima.

Better question, who gives a fuck what it's called?

The Pinnacle looks cool but the cost is way out of reach. The Peak, on the other hand, is something that I will probably end up buying. I like its dimensions, the footprint of a piece of typing paper! :)

Peak + Volcano = so good it'll make your brain asplode?

clearly me and you
No, I don't care what it's named.

i think an even better question is why are you getting pissy about it?

Because you're being a whiny bitch about it and Capt. Eddie Current is feeding off you whining.

Basically I get the sense that Pete and Todd can do no right in most of your eyes (not directed at you Jacob). Am I fan of their work, clearly, I make no secret about that.

clearly me and you. i think an even better question is why are you getting pissy about it? if RSA came out with an amp called "The Awesome Cool," i doubt you'd be the white knight of names.

I don't like their naming convention either, but I am guessing Nate's reaction has something to do with the fact that Todd and Pete are Awesome Cool dudes who make fantastic products but cannot seem to catch a break. Many people, myself included, think that the TTVJ 307A is one of THE BEST sounding dynamic amps but they sold a handful while people moaned about the looks generally or really important shit like the multi-colored type on the selector switches. Neither Nate nor I would try to tell you to like it or only say nice things about it, but this is a huge product announcement for people I like and if Nate is anything like me I wouldn't mind if there was a little bit of honeymoon glow allowed.

EDIT: oops, didn't mean to speak for you or step on your lines either, Nate, but we seem to be on the same [fanboy] page. :jbl:

:rolleyes: i see. new rule, everybody, from now on you can't make a negative comment about a product name or aesthetics unless you understand that you might be labelled a whiner by The Adjudicator Judge.
Oh boo fucking ho. I thought that part of what was expected here was to call someone out when they have an unnecessary hair across their ass?

welcome to head-case, sorry about your thin skin.

Hi reflection, how are you today?

i don't remember deleting your posts or telling you to shut up.
Do you see me doing either? You're going way over the top with your commentary, I don't care that it's you (although I generally expect more out of you), I just don't feel compelled to sit idly by and watch it. Product names generally are not great, they just are what they are and rarely matter, right?

As for thinking it looks like crap, that's your call, I think your taste sucks but I'm not going to debate it with you.

Make love, not war! Just for the love of god, PLEASE don't post any fucking pictures of it.

I think the name is stupid, and personally prefer the look of the old 307A...... but the proof is in the listening; I'd bet a testicle it sounds fantastic. We all know that is the most important thing.