Ipod Touch / Iphone

n_maher

I'm just hoping this forces AT&T to go back to the unlimited data plan. Not holding my breath though.

I think Verizon will keep the unlimited data plan available just long enough to get people away from other carriers when they get the iPhone in February, then they'll kill it shortly after. IIRC, they were already planning on going to capped data plan before AT&T implemented theirs anyways.

AI'm not sure if this matter to you, but it won't support simultaneous voice & data (unless you're on WiFi).

It definitely matters to me. This ability has come in handy more times than I can count. And with the exception of my folks' place, the coverage everywhere I frequent is pretty good.

I tried this app and it's a complete joke. I'm not sure why anyone would use this intereface instead of the standard iPod interface for playing music. At least they aren't charging $2000 for it like their new clock :)

Btw, my new favorite iPhone app / music service is Mog. $10 a month, but then again you have unlimited access to any and all music you want. It streams at 64k while on 3G, but the one great aspect is that you can download albums/songs to your iphone at 320k when you want to do some more serious listening. The interface is wonderful and easy to navigate....and it encourages you to download and listen to all sorts of things you normally wouldn't.

I tried this app and it's a complete joke. I'm not sure why anyone would use this intereface instead of the standard iPod interface for playing music. At least they aren't charging $2000 for it like their new clock :)

I tried the app as well but I can't get music to play through headphones. Only through the iPhone speakers...so pointless.

So, VLC for iPhone has been removed from the App Store. Even though it was free, the App Store's DRM killed it due to violation of the GNU license or something like that. Being that it was free, I personally don't see what the problem was.

I know that some companies can install software via Safari for iPhone, bypassing the app store, like IBM Traveler software that lets some big companies integrate their contacts, calendar and email with the iPhone. There used to be a tethering hack that could be installed via Safari as well. So, I wonder why more companies don't/can't do this, so that we don't have to jailbreak our phones to get around the App store?

On the VZW iPhone front, I think having a Wifi hotspot feature built into the OS is nice. It's been reported that the iPhone OS 4.3 beta for ATT has a Wifi Hotspot feature included, but I wont use it if I have to give up my unlimited data plan for a 2Gb plan. But since VZW can't do data and voice at the same time, it seems like it may be a big compromise for many. I do seem to recall my old VZW Windows Mobile phone would pause the data connection if I was surfing, so that I could take an incoming phone call. So it may not be all bad.

The Otterbox Defender series rock. My dog tried to eat my Droid the other day; he bit it hard right on the display, and the proceeded to munch the silicon outer case right off. The phone remaind unscathed. The defender series Droid incredible case has a hard plastic see-through covering over the display. Amazingly, it doesn't seem to effect the touch screen responsiveness at all.

Argh! Verizon to offer $200 rebate to recent buyers of non-iPhone phone if they want an iPhone. Missed it by...well, months, but I still should be able to get one out of them later. June of 2012.

Most smart phones bought in November or later will sell used for more then the $200 Verizon is willing to buy it back from you for anyway. You can be assured Verizon will be making a very nice profit off of the sale of your phone and the full retail of the iPhone.