Good online source for vinyl?

swt61

Hey guys I set my turntable up with a new cartridge tonight, dialed in all the settings, connected my phono stage and verified that everything works. However all I have to test it is a slightly warped and slightly dirty 45 rpm from 1972.

Where are some good online sources for vinyl? I need at least a few reference albums to get rolling.

Acoustic Sounds is my favorite, but both of the above are great as well. What sets Acoustic Sounds apart are the insane shipping boxes, which are thick and very tough. The Steve Hoffman classifieds are a great place to buy vinyl from reputable audiophiles, though the market is much more saturated with CDs then vinyl.

I've had extremely limited success on eBay. Most eBay sellers way overrate the vinyls condition. $40 for 15 LPs seems like a great deal until you actually listen to them, and they all sound like de-grooved shit.

Geoman, a popular name around the Hoffman forum, has his own site setup called Plymouth Rock Music. He is the fucking man. A lot of his vinyl right now is WAY overpriced though. He knows it, but I think he just gets so exhausted shipping out vinyl that sometimes he just jacks the price up so no one will buy. ;DHere's his eBay store, where the prices are typically better. Its empty right now.