nenso = a noob supreme

Nenso

Hey OJ, how do you have your A7s setup? I've been hoping to find some monitors I could just set on either side of my computer monitor for easy near field listening. I don't even know if it is sonically possible to achieve good sound with this type of positioning.

hey pj. i have the a7s setup on speaker stands behind my desk chair. when i listen to music, i just swivel around to listen. i haven't tried them on my desk, so I can't help you there, but maybe i'll move them if i ever find time and let you know.

hey pj. i have the a7s setup on speaker stands behind my desk chair. when i listen to music, i just swivel around to listen. i haven't tried them on my desk, so I can't help you there, but maybe i'll move them if i ever find time and let you know.

Ah okay. I've already got my 22Ls about 6 ft behind me. thanks for your response.

Hey OJ, how do you have your A7s setup? I've been hoping to find some monitors I could just set on either side of my computer monitor for easy near field listening. I don't even know if it is sonically possible to achieve good sound with this type of positioning.
I'm not Oj, but I've got 12L's set up nearfield on either side of my screen here at work, and it's exquisite. LS3/5a's work real well nearfield also. I've had my Special 25's nearfield, and although it worked (I had them above my monitor, upside-down, and pointed slightly down at my ears), I would recommend something more along the lines of midfield for them. They sounded better a couple feet back.

Basically, it depends on the speaker. Most studio monitors designed for the home studio should work in the nearfield, as that is their intended application.

I'm not Oj, but I've got 12L's set up nearfield on either side of my screen here at work, and it's exquisite. LS3/5a's work real well nearfield also. I've had my Special 25's nearfield, and although it worked (I had them above my monitor, upside-down, and pointed slightly down at my ears), I would recommend something more along the lines of midfield for them. They sounded better a couple feet back.

Basically, it depends on the speaker. Most studio monitors designed for the home studio should work in the nearfield, as that is their intended application.

Sounds good Peter, thanks for sharing! My concern isn't so much the nearness (I would expect monitors to work well nearfield) as their placement on the desk.

Quad 12Ls are something I've considered, since I like the sound signature of my 22Ls so much, so I'm glad to hear of your positive experience with them in the exact same situation I'd like to hear them.