Anyone willing to make a Xhadow XLR chassis mount for me ?

Spiug31

You should ask FPE if they can handle material thicker than 4mm, then you can just buy the panel from Hifi2000 and send it to FPE for fabrication. They allow you to send the material to be modified, I do know that for sure.

I've put an e-mail off to [email protected] + [email protected] and will report what they say.

I've just got a reply from FPE:

We do have thicker material, but not in all colors and thicknesses. Yes, we can mill a threaded hole on a 10mm panel. We do have 10mm material in natural anodized or raw aluminum.

so thickness wise I see no problem :), I'm now waiting to gauge a Xhadow gender module and find out exactly what will be required. :twiddling_thumbs:

p.s. the reply was fast and freindly, I can see why they frequently get recommended :)

A pair of Xhadow connectors arrived today :)

Comparing the thread pitch against 55o Whitworth gauge, 60o Metric and ANT gauges. The best fit in each scale is 26G, 1.0mm and 26. Of these the metric 60o 1.0mm pitch is visually the closest fit and when gauge thread is matched with the Xhadow nut, provides a strong, stable connection with very little play back and forth.

Once a digital calliper arrives (early next week) I'll measure thread depth and nut internal diameter.

p.s. The rear barrel nut on the Xhadow connector is too small a diameter to be used directly with the gender module.

• 8 months later...