The Official 2008 "I'm fucking hungover" thread

Chekhonte

2 large glasses of water before going to sleep and 1 large glass in the morning and except for the most extreme cases, it defeats hangovers.

Hangovers are usually caused by (besides insane amounts of alcohol and abusive substances) dehydration from the alcohol content in one's body. Give it back the water it needs and hangovers can be a thing of the past.

it's not dehydration so much but one of the effects of dehydration. When you put a ton of fluid in your system, particularly the kind that cause you to piss a ton. It will cause your serum sodium levels to drop. When you don't have enough sodium in your body fluids then you have awful headaches and nausea plus gastritis from punishing your stomach with about a pound of carbohydrates. If you're really loaded at night, it's not a good idea to drink a bunch of water. Adding more fluids that you're just going to piss out anyway will lower your serum sodium levels even more causing you to ultimately feel worse. It's a better idea to drink something that replenishes your electrolytes and fluid levels.

2 large glasses of water before going to sleep and 1 large glass in the morning and except for the most extreme cases, it defeats hangovers.

Hangovers are usually caused by (besides insane amounts of alcohol and abusive substances) dehydration from the alcohol content in one's body. Give it back the water it needs and hangovers can be a thing of the past.

If only that were the case with me. Never mind 2 glasses, last time I drank I had 11 glasses over the course of about 2 hours before I went to sleep. Still was a bit hungover. However, now that I think of it, waking up like 5 times through the night to piss may hurt the recooperative sleep I need.

If only that were the case with me. Never mind 2 glasses, last time I drank I had 11 glasses over the course of about 2 hours before I went to sleep. Still was a bit hungover. However, now that I think of it, waking up like 5 times through the night to piss may hurt the recooperative sleep I need.

jbloudwtf.jpg:kitty:

That is true, but you can get other drinks that replenish your electrolytes with out having sugar. Tea shops often times have brewable electrolyte drinks and out-doorsy, hiking supply stores have all kinds of shit you can eat and drink that contain larger than normal does of electrolytes without containing any refined sugar.