Step 4 of my 12-Step Plan: How To Stop People From Laughing At Your Amps

Elephas

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pricewise it might not be fair to compare the L3000+ZD with the W5000+HA5000, especially since the L3000 is discontinued.

But based on the priority I place on details, imaging and soundstage, it might be a valid comparison. Those are the W5000+HA5000's strengths.

Matched with the ZD, the L3000 still can't match the W5000's larger, more airy and more spacious soundstage. But it improves enough in many areas (versus driven by the HA5000) for me to prefer it over the W5000. Add the L3000's superior tonality, tonal balance, body, bass quality and bass quantity and it scores a decisive win over the W5000+HA5000.

However, I haven't tried the W5000 with the ZD yet. And I also have recabled balanced versions of the W5000 (Enigma Oracle) and L3000 (APS v3) that I can try with an XLR-3.5mm adapter.

are they trying to calculate the duties they will charge you? :)

I dunno. I should just have said I paid 2$ for it and it would be here now. In their eyes everybody is a criminal and getting something without paying for it is something that doesn't happen... except on Christmas when I never have to pay anything.