Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

We got a few inches of wet nasty snow. my driveway was too slippery to get up after hockey practice yesterday, so we left it 1/3 off the driveway into my yard on the way up the hill. I just shovelled the bottom 1/3 of the hill, and then drove the pilot back up the hill. 2/3 of the hill left to dig out, but that shouldn't be too bad to get finished.

I'm a few towns away from Haj and Nate, we've got a large mess. At least 20" I'd say, and still snowing (though certainly lighter now).

We have a plow service, but it doesn't get everything, and we had my son out there with us shoveling a bit. We left the big snowplow pile at the end, our plow guys should be coming around again.

Out snow wasn't as wet and heavy as I was hearing though.....not super fluffy, but certainly have shoveled a LOT worse.

I suspect it'll be a late night of snow blowing or an early morning. It wasn't snowing when I got home a half hour ago, it's snowing like a bastard out again now though and according to the ever-changing forecast could continue as late as midnight. All of the snow removal that I did this morning is impossible to see, which means we've probably gotten another 6 to 8" along with the blowing wind.

We left the big snowplow pile at the end, our plow guys should be coming around again.
Good luck with that. Around here, that just gives them more resources to brick-&-mortar our driveway shut. Not looking forward to going home tonight, they've probably blocked off the driveway with what little they could gather, just enough to snag a brake line on my way over it, should I try to do so.

^ I think Todd has a private plow guy that he pays for, so I hope he doesn't get brick(snow)walled.

I've said this before, we love our town plow guys. In the three winters we've been here, we've never had our driveway blocked by plowed snow, in fact, if they see us shoveling, they often help us by plowing the bottom quarter or so of the driveway.

^ I think Todd has a private plow guy that he pays for, so I hope he doesn't get brick(snow)walled.

I've said this before, we love our town plow guys. In the three winters we've been here, we've never had our driveway blocked by plowed snow, in fact, if they see us shoveling, they often help us by plowing the bottom quarter or so of the driveway.

THAT is incredible! I think wherever I've been or seen, they AIM for people if they're too close to the streets :D

And yes, we have plow service; he came and cleared the driveway bottom out (it reached almost 2 1/2 feet!).....but I'll still need to go out and push around a few more inches that came down. Lots of phunn.....

Sadly, I couldn't get a decent framerate with Amnesia on my laptop, so I'm playing it's spiritual ancestor, Penumbra: Overture. The first "level" takes place in the northern tip of Greenland, and the first task is "don't freeze to death." Couldn't be more apt.

An excellent game, I'd love to play it during the night while a snow storm is happenning, overture is the best one but black plague is also good, buy direct from the publisher!