Fuck in snow

Salt Peanuts

Chicago due for another 4-8" of snow today. It is getting a bit tiring.

Yeah, we've got another 3-6" or so in the forecast tomorrow and it's bordering on depressing.  We're paying big time for some recent, very mild winters I guess.  The only hope is that this means that we might have something approaching a normal spring and not go from freezing to frying overnight.  And when did they start naming winter storms?  That has to be the lamest weather-related thing they've come up with in a long while.  Next thing you know every time in rains in the summer it'll be "SUMMER STORM JOEY JO JO" or some bs.  Good grief.

• Like 1

I am fine with snow...as long as it comes late enough where they cancel school :)

We buffer in 5 days of school on top of the calendar for snow days - we've used 4 due to polar vortex so here's hoping for our 5th tomorrow.

We do the same in my district and I'm sure we've used 4 thus far as well.  In practice it doesn't make a lick of difference though, since we'd just continue to have school until we've had 180 days of school, regardless of how many snow days/cancellations we've had (7 last year).

Lots of snow like this makes him act pretty nuts when he gets outside and he can't really get into the snow to do his business. But... fresh snow is good because it covers the salt. He doesn't like salt. Not one bit. 

We haven't walked more than 1.5 miles in any single trip outside since before Christmas. Somehow he's keeping the weight off despite that and us ramping up his food portions.

Forgot to mention - those pugs gotta be the definition of anti-weather. I can't imagine Ollie trying to force his way through a drift, lol.

Edited by Aura

Yeah, they're pretty bad. They shiver, the salt hurts, so it's dog friendly salt only, the snow and cold slows Ginger's ability to pee, they cower under the deck. It's been a long winter for them (and me)! Anne actually knitted them sweaters, it's pretty funny, but it helped a lot.

Ouch Marshal.

The forecasters here got it wrong.  4-8 turned into a solid 10 which just took an hour and a half to clear off of the driveway.  The snow banks are about as high as I can remember seeing them considering that we haven't had a single storm in excess of 12" that I can remember.  Just a ton of midsized storms.  I shot a little video while I was out there, just for kicks and I'll post it later if I can get it whipped into shape so that my southern and western lawyers can enjoy it.