Recently bought the Denon AH-D2000

Guest troymadison

troy, welcome to head-case.

A lot of people seems to like the Denons. Like Dusty said, you'll find out for yourself if you're one of them. If you like them...well, you like them, and if you don't, they're popular enough that you could sell them for little loss. What other headphones have you tried?

had a 15min encounter with a D5k amped by a hornet not too long ago. must say that its a real grooverlizer set of cans. bass is HUGEE DEEP & IMPACTFULL. reminds me of an HD650 on steroids with even bigger bassballs and fun upfront mids/presentation. male vocals were kinda nasally though (prolly coz of the bumped up upper bass) and mite be due to inadequate amplification but i like it. i'd get these over a HD650 or top Grados for a fun slamming goodtime.

are the D2ks very similiar?

Guest troymadison

had a 15min encounter with a D5k amped by a hornet not too long ago. must say that its a real grooverlizer set of cans. bass is HUGEE DEEP & IMPACTFULL. reminds me of an HD650 on steroids with even bigger bassballs and fun upfront mids/presentation. male vocals were kinda nasally though (prolly coz of the bumped up upper bass) and mite be due to inadequate amplification but i like it. i'd get these over a HD650 or top Grados for a fun slamming goodtime.

are the D2ks very similiar?

Interesting, because I only find the hd650s incredibly enjoyable if I EQ the top end/higher freq. I sold my k701 since they do nothing for me, but sound pretty decent. They just needed more bass, augh...

Hopefully they have fixed that issue by now on newly-shipping HP. If not it's hard to take Denon seriously--there's been plenty of time since the problem surfaced.

I found them a bit too muddy on the bass end but that might have been part of the Opera emphasizing it. Very comfortable HP though; maybe a touch loose on my head.

Trying new things is part of the journey so don't sweat it if you change your mind over time.

hmmm the D5k i tried had no noticeable QC issues (to my eyes) and it was super lite & comfy. its much smaller than it looks and i'd seriously consider it for a portable OTG rig. FWIW its much more comfy than a W5k.

Again my encounter with it was far too brief and i think the D5k+hornet mite not be the best match but i realy like it. IMO its not the last word in transparency (its most definetly colored) but it mite take the most fun & musical award in my books.