OS X Leopard Impression Thread

Well, I think I've killed my iBook. Leopard installation eventually went through, then it kernel panicked on me. Then proceeded not to work anymore. Tried re-installing Tiger to no avail. Of course, this may have had nothing to do with Leopard installation since I know there was at least some physical damage on iBook logic board where the Airport card is located.

Well, it turns on, but it either refuse to start altogether (while being still powered-on) or starts on the command prompt screen, from which point if I try to proceed with the boot, it kernel panicks.

One good thing is that it gives me an excuse to buy a new laptop. Of course, the bad thing is that I have no money to do so right now. >:(

for anyone who uses Max, there is a new unstable release that appears to work just fine in Leopard.

Cool, I gotta check it out.

Oh a related note, my iBook is definitely on its way out. As long as I keep it on with Airport and BT off, it's fine. As soon as I shut it down, or restart it, it's a crapshoot as to how many tries it takes before it's back up and running. Oh well.

• 1 month later...