new foobar has the best pretties look evar.

hYdrociTy

You know, I have never been able to get album art working in Foobar, for any version. I know I'm stupid, but this is freaking ridiculous. :rant:

Does album art just simply not work with ALAC files?

Can a user install a folder with functioning album art already implemented, so they don't have to install it/ code it themselves?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In foobar, it doesn't matter the audio file type, whether flac or alac or mp3 or image file. As long as your music is ultimately grouped in album folders, foobar will display the art by looking at the location of the file, and using the album art that is in the same directory as the file.

Have a .jpg cover art file, and name it folder.jpg, then place this file in the album folder. Like so.

.../Album/

Track 1.m4a

Track 2.m4a

cover.jpg

There's a great program (AlbumArtAggregator) that will scour different Amazons (.com, .co.uk, .co.jp, .de) and downloads it to your folder. I hadn't saved any album art at all and when I switched to Rockbox on my iPod I went through and got album art for over 1000 albums. It doesn't always get it right, but it's a good first pass and then you can fill in gaps or correct any mistakes.

finally.jpg

Ahhhhh finally got the fucker working. :dance:

I'm not sure how I managed to put the tabbed thing twice (where it says Browser/Music, then again directly below it), but I can live with that.

I never enjoyed Foobar as much as iTunes when I had no album art, but now everything has changed. And the iTunes art ported over, just like Elphas said. I didnt have to make jpegs in the folders (thank god).

the new foobar is kickass as all hell. I hadn't realized how bad the Winamp gap inbetween tracks was bothering me until I switched back to beautiful foobar gapless. So much easier to get immersed in a live show recording. Also I love being able to select the folder view. I have so much music that I haven't organized into proper folders, and this makes it easier to just find that music and listen to it.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

hey guys, I'm having problem getting a M-Audio Firewire Audiophile working with foobar.. I'm getting wierd crackling when typing, moving mouse, scroll wheel, etc. I'm not sure really what to try. I just installed the Vista drivers from M-Audio and installed the newest version of foobar... that's about it :) I see ASIO, KS, and other options for output device, and randomly trying stuff didn't seem to help. Any pointers?

Does this only happen in foobar or is it there even with foobar closed?

What's your exact equipment and setup?

Try this- do you have an external dac? If you do, go to maudio control panel and disable analog in/outs and only enable digital out and then listen through your dac and see if the noise is still there. If the noise

Usually the cracking is there on all integrated sound solutions(I haven't seen this on macs). It's the noise from the computer itself. I don't know how it could be coming out of your external sound card though but maybe it's a ground noise thats either seeping in through the fw cable(unlikely) or though the audio structure of windows. Try going into device manage and disabling all sound cards except the maudio labeled ones then restart and see if stuff still happens.

It could be that the noise is inherent in windows sound implementation and that the settings in asio/foobar/maudio driver is confused and the "windows sound system" is in the chain.