Should I buy Quad 22L's as my first real speakers?

postjack

Should I buy tkizzle's Quads?  

1. 1. Should I buy tkizzle's Quads?

:o

i kno, i know, itll be pretty loud. im tryin to blow out my neighborhood though, they fool heads call the cops :police: on postjack just when im listening to my headphoens cos i shake the hole block. so when i get speakers ill run this whol city to the ground, rite yall.

[/off]

seriously leaning towards the onkyo, looks like a nice unit.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest sacd lover

i'm kind of torn here. i definitely want something done by ray, but the sherwood above does have one hundred watts in it, which no doubt would get loud as all hellfire. does ray do mods? maybe i could get him to mod it to get like 150 watts out of it so i can turn up the voulme dial a bit more.

Have Ray mod the power supply so the amp is hot as hellfire too. >:D

My old amp got super hot and it only put out 30 watts. You think it was a dud?

Clearly I should have had that Sherwood all along.

yea it should have given off more watts if it was that hot, thats just like basic algebra. sin/cos = heat/x, where x=watts and watts=power, power + heat = pure rock NRG.

yea it should have given off more watts if it was that hot, thats just like basic algebra. sin/cos = heat/x, where x=watts and watts=power, power + heat = pure rock NRG.

Woah woah don't be bringing sine and cosine into these discussions. This is the speaker forum, not the nerd forum.

Earl, the Monarchy SM-70 Pro looks like a great amp, but it isn't an integrated, and since I won't have a preamp for another few months, I'm limiting my current choices to integrated units only.

Both the Vincent and the Cambridge look nice, and I like Audio Advisor. I bought my record cleaning machine from them.

Guest sacd lover

Earl, the Monarchy SM-70 Pro looks like a great amp, but it isn't an integrated, and since I won't have a preamp for another few months, I'm limiting my current choices to integrated units only.

Both the Vincent and the Cambridge look nice, and I like Audio Advisor. I bought my record cleaning machine from them.

I use an inexpensive Axiom passive pre ($160 msrp) and the combo is excellent. You can often pick up the pair well below what you would pay for a mediocre integrated.

h8 delivery exception!

that was a dumbass move on my part having the amp sent to my home address. :mikey2:

i did just get an email from my mom saying that an 85lb package is waiting for me at their house. I was smart enough to get the speakers shipped there. I must have had a brain fart when I ordered the 840a. It was late at night... :(

Well I called Fedex and have attempted to reroute the amp to my folks house. We'll see if that works out.

In the meantime...

quad002km1.jpg

And nary an amp to drive them! :mikey2:

Just for kicks I did hook them up to my $300 panny receiver and played a couple SACDs through the Oppo at low volume, and they sounded good! Can't wait to run them with a real source and amp. Hopefully this week sometime.

After dealing with some very helpful Fedex customer service reps (no sarcasm, they really were helpful, polite, and professional, both on the national and local level), it looks like I'll be getting my amp tomorrow. :dance: I had it rerouted to my parent's house, hopefully someone will be home there to sign for it. If not, my dad said he would go to the fedex terminal to pick it up (one of the many benefits of having the same name as one's father).

Hopefully by this weekend I'll have my first taste of what decent speakers can do.