Post what you're watching

deepak

I need to watch that.  :)  Nobody here except some of the older people actually eat the bloody shark or drink brennivín but it's a nice way to poison the tourists.  ;D 

I went to see Jimmy Carr here a few weeks ago and he called us on it.  "Nobody fucking eats that!!"  That and he called the Blue Lagoon a bunch of industrial waste water.  Well it is... 

That's one I need to get around to -- I remember the trailer from before it started which immediately intrigued me, and lately (within the last year or so), Alicia Witt's been posting about it because she plays a small character in it (and I kind of <3 her).

Me:  been watching Marvel's Daredevil, which is fucking spectacular.  If you need to be convinced, just watch the last 5 minutes of episode 2 (not literally the last 5 minutes, but the last 5 minutes from the beginning of the end credits).  It's almost laughable how low-rent it is -- actors falling out of frame, only sound effects to indicate what is going on, obviously swapping the actors and whatnot.  And the obvious homage to the infamous Old Boy fight scene down a corridor.  But also an homage to Scooby-Doo/Marx Brothers/Three Stooges -- you know the one I mean, where people are coming in one door, and out another, usually a montage with a musical number -- but riding right up against that line of not being funny funny.  I giggled, but not with mirth, but with glee.  Oh, and it's one long shot -- for realsies.  

But ... I don't care how low rent it is.  Total buy-in.  It's exactly what I want to see.

I'm with you (as usual), Peter. Daredevil has been outstanding although I think I'm only 4 or 5 episodes in.

I am trying to like it, but 70% of each episode seems to be the tubby bad guy or the tubby law partner crying about something and the other 30% is Daredevil getting his ass kicked.  I also can't get past how cheesy the bad guys are and the fact that the tiny Chinese bad lady decided that the most efficient way to measure and package her drugs is to use a bunch of blind people.

• Like 1

... the tubby law partner crying...

I actually like the way they've been interspersing the drama with action...or the action with drama.  

That said, I think they missed an opportunity that you (Jeff) would have hated -- I really think the episode where Foggy is coming to grips with Murdock's secret should have taken up an entire episode.  Just the two of them in the room, arguing.  Maybe interspersed with some flashbacks and some cutting to what the other characters are up to, but mostly just those two.  I almost feel like that episode started that way, but it was just too forward thinking for NetFlix.  Can you imagine if the next movie after Ender's Game is actually Speaker for the Dead?  That would totally die in the theater.

But yeah, the henchmen are typical henchmen -- they can shoot 12 rounds and miss every time, but he clocks them with a gun clip once and they're unconscious.

Finished Marvel's Daredevil over the weekend -- my opinion of it does not waver, it's fantastic...even Wilson Fisk staring at a wall -- what other show could make that mean so much; caught up on Broadchurch season 2 -- bastids!  I think they even changed the mix on the closing song (in s02e07), it's less minimal/more...wall-of-sound than previous versions.  Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Love the way they're contrasting the Millers with the Latimers, and the way the relationship between Ellie and Beth has evolved.

HAPPYish series premiere -- oh my, I'm only 5 minutes in, and I'm laughing so hard I can't breathe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ryw5c5X3Ec&feature=youtu.be

"Why bother with you at all, I could just get a bottle of wine and a blood pressure cuff."

I'm crying.

EDIT:  Holy shit:  "We're all sucking the same cocks...wincing at the taste doesn't make you a better man...it makes you a worse whore."